Torque Converter

width is becoming a major consideration alright...the engine on that "ace" looks pretty big, what is it if you know? it looks like 2 cranks/pedals were used to make pegs?

so, i can get only drive and driven components (instead of kit) and construct my own jack-shafts...

again...budget & access to fabrication...why did the engine gods send me this wisconsin only to drive me crazy wanting more than i can already afford to do?

i think i may have to recruit some more local members, maybe we can come up with a chapter project-bike. kinda like "come to the peninsula and beat us, if you can :devilish: "

it'll come together, i can't see myself letting this powerplant slip thru my fingers. i'll hold off and (im)patiently wait for the right opportunity.

thanks for the info, guys 8)

augi why not use sprockets like I am? I am doing away with pedals :)

I will do the test with the good ole 70cc then once verified everything is good will change to the beast :LOL:

as my only transportation, it has to be a "motor assisted bicycle" in order for me to stay outta trouble, but i don't mind that condition because i'm completely engrossed in the genre...sabrina will always have a functioning pedal-drive :)

also, i simply have to be able to "bolt on" as much as possible. i saw a jackshaft bracket (similar to the integrated support on the "ace") i think at the comet site...is that what i'd use with separate components instead of the kit w/plate?

Understood Augi. I am not sure on the rules in WA I usto live there but I never looked into it. However in NM down here there is such relaxed laws :D however new mexico is more concerned about drunks killing people. Priorities first :) Just the lack of pedals means I have to take it on the road :censored: :censored:

Anyway I am going to fabricate a jackshaft I think. Would you mind popping me a link to the comet one? I have not seen that one yet

UPDATED POST: 7-25-07

augidog said:
i think i may have to recruit some more local members, maybe we can come up with a chapter project-bike. kinda like "come to the peninsula and beat us, if you can :devilish: "

I might have to take you up on that offer if my concept trike becomes half of the machine I'm designing it to be.... :devilish:

Here are some Excel screenshots of the theoretical speeds my trike will be able to achieve. It will have a TAV2 Comet Averter . If anyone would like a copy of the Excel document I would be more than happy to email it to you and answer any questions you may have.

As listed they are: Speeds attainable @ 2.7 converter reduction..
and .9 overdrive.

Again these are theoretical, windspeed may play a governing factor here.

1774_CVT_operation_1.jpg

My TAV2 arrived in the mail today, I'll get some pics up as soon as I get it mounted, although it could be awhile, I haven't even decided which drivetrain design I want to use yet.

bump. my earlier posts (3 posts up) updated. :D

Actual gear ratio's as posted in chart :

2.7 reduction -> 15.8:1
1.5 reduction -> 8.8:1
.9 reduction -> 5.3:1

(edit: added ratio's)

sergio riveros said:
The only other way go keep the bike from not going as fast would be using a jackshaft since large sprokets for rear wheel go up to 55 to 56 tooth only, or using a smaller diameter wheel, a simpler method is not to speed when not safe to do so.
I think 55 tooth is the perfect choice.

Run a 72 tooth sprocket and drill the holes yourself :) mfg supply has them thats what I am using.

Back