CVT Treewk's Double Right-side Drive A Charm

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Treweek, I just completed my new MB with the double right-sided drive and the 5:1 gearbox, using a Schwinn Riverside bike. I built my own motor mount which was fairly easy. I will take pictures of it this weekend and post them. The advantages of this design are several: motor is close to the tire for better balance and look, chain drive for a positive feel and on a freewheel. Far better engineering design than the DAX chain drive, and of course better than GEBE which uses a belt. I believe I am the first person to use the double -right-sided drive with the 5:1 gearbox. Permit me to brag.

Hi Mike

Don`t get on the forums much lately. Good to hear you are doing good. Bragg away, you earned it!! I prefer to call it "sharing" and hope that is how it is taken!!

Am always surprised by the attentsion it gets, but I did ponder and persue other idea`s for months and spend hours searching thru catalogs before the simple cheap fix fell into place.

The free wheel sprockets and free wheel sprocket adapters are tuff hardened steel. It makes a stronger system that would be expected.

It`s kinda funny, nabor guy helped me build my first motorbike 62 yrs ago!! whew! lol After pushing it up too many hills, bought many motorcycle`s etc, and raced LM Stockcars for near 25 yrs, to come complete circle back to mab`s. They have evolved a long ways, especially because of these forum`s and sharing of idea`s. Almost everybody has had a bicyle!

My "Diy Axle Mount" built in 2009, use`s the great little 5:1 reverse rotation mini pocket bike tranny, a tuff unit and cheap.

Sent a pm to Dic suggesting a front rack mount for his Damon fold up bike using the 5:1 with a Dax 49cc titan 4 stroke and a rear wheel with the cassette removed so he could use a freewheel adapter and sprocket on the front wheel. I used 1/2 pitch strong chain on my axle build with the 5:1 box, works perfect. Think pics are on the other forum posted in 2009.

IMHO, lol. the Diy axle drive is a great dependable cheap build. I should post a build thread, but been busy. It`s one of those thing`s we plan on, but slow getting too it!

Looking forward to your build pic`s.

Ron

Last edited:
Check Rackmoounts for my latest build combining the 5:1 gearbox with Treewk's double right sided drive. Very sweet.

Back