Troubleshooting engine start fail

The magnet is scratched and has black marks on it and so do the the nut and washer which were around it.
I think I already mentioned that the new engine once started and then died immediately- could that be what caused this?

You are not helping by taking things apart.
There is nothing wrong with the magnet and the timing is right.
If you had spark, why are you messing with that?

Steve

You are not helping by taking things apart.
There is nothing wrong with the magnet and the timing is right.
If you had spark, why are you messing with that?

Steve

I just took the nut out was all and was worried by the rust marks. I realise now there was a point when I unscrewed the top and left the top exposed to the air outside( maybe there was a slight drizzle too that night) which could be the reason for the rust- I think this is the reason maybe for the rust in the magneto compartment too. Ok magneto forgotten. It works.
Did you see my other thread? Do you think that piston/cylinder is damaged?
I also unscrewed the exhaust but was unsure how to identify whether there was a problem with that.
Oh and it seems the two black rings of black plastic which fit into the ringed ridges of the piston have broken off- what was their purpose?

Attachments

• electric impact driver.jpg
    electric impact driver.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 115
No, it works with a socket to hammer off a stubborn nut but to remove a stubborn philips screw, nothing works better than the tool you first illustrated:

hand-impact-driver-jpg.74656

No, it works with a socket to hammer off a stubborn nut but to remove a stubborn philips screw, nothing works better than the tool you first illustrate

That is so damn effective! Loud :p but works well...

Hey, so, is the throttle supposed to be able to spin a full 360 degrees when the engine IS NOT running? And also, what happens if I mistakenly put the kill switch wires from black to blue and red to black? Will that completely destroy the fuse for the engine to run? I have the blue to blue and black to black connected from the magneto to the CDI correctly. But I just want to make sure these two things won't hinder my operation of the motor from functioning.

Hey, so, is the throttle supposed to be able to spin a full 360 degrees when the engine IS NOT running? And also, what happens if I mistakenly put the kill switch wires from black to blue and red to black? Will that completely destroy the fuse for the engine to run? I have the blue to blue and black to black connected from the magneto to the CDI correctly. But I just want to make sure these two things won't hinder my operation of the motor from functioning.

The throttle is defo not supposed to spin 360 degrees- it's supposed to be less than 180 degrees even- the way it's positioned on the handlebar and the white cam shape shaped like a number 6 with no hole prevents it from rotating any further.

I remember someone saying there was a way to protect the electrics from ever getting wet- and that they'd never had never had any electrical problems with the bike again- but I forget what to put over the magneto or how- please could someone remind me?

So when you're supposed to drill that hole in the frame of the your bike, will that pin prevent the the throttle from spinning a full 360?... Because I didn't drill a he in the frame

Back