Update On 2 Stroke Build

I was actually referring to steel tubing, but I didn't pay enough attention to realize you have clearance issues or I would have suggested a offset intake. It would have given you the larger id and the clearance you need for the carb. I hope I'm not telling you a bunch of stuff you already know. I know you know your way around a motorized bike. Just figured most of your bikes are four strokers so now your in a different gene pool.

Last edited:
I ordered this one already:
s-l500.jpg

I was actually referring to steel tubing, but I didn't pay enough attention to realize you have clearance issues or I would have suggested a offset intake. It would have given you the larger id and the clearance you need for the carb. I hope I'm not telling you a bunch of stuff you already know. I know you know your way around a motorized bike. Just figured most of your bikes are four strokers so now your in a different gene pool.

Yep. That was actually my first choice. I messed up my order the first time by ordering the wrong size offset. Then I had to order another one from someone with the size I need, which is just a standard Chinese kit stuff. It should get here by Saturday...

This is what I was actually shipped:

So I am going to have to JB Weld the nipple on and file down the welds inside of the flange.

Attachments

• SDC15280.JPG
    SDC15280.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 203
  • SDC15281.JPG
    SDC15281.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 212
  • SDC15272.JPG
    SDC15272.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 213
  • SDC15274.JPG
    SDC15274.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 232
  • SDC15276.JPG
    SDC15276.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 218
  • SDC15278.JPG
    SDC15278.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 209
  • SDC15279.JPG
    SDC15279.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 225
Seems like their is a surprise in every package these days. I think I would grind off as much of the threaded area as I could just leaving enough to seat well into the tube to cut down on the restriction of flow. Still scratching my head over the cotter pin. Bet you wished that you just ordered one with no nipple now. Busy hands are happy hands, and the chinese are doing their best to keep us happy.

Seems like their is a surprise in every package these days. I think I would grind off as much of the threaded area as I could just leaving enough to seat well into the tube to cut down on the restriction of flow. Still scratching my head over the cotter pin. Bet you wished that you just ordered one with no nipple now. Busy hands are happy hands, and the chinese are doing their best to keep us happy.

That was not a cotter pin! Haha. That was a piece of welding rod or something that was sticking out of the tube! I need a dremel...

Well great, now I got old eyes and soar cheeks from laughing. Hell you keep diggin in the damned thing you might find the welder. They do send some messy ones.

I did a little Boost Bottle experimenting. I soldered a 1/2" copper pipe on for a nipple:
full

So here is the "bottle". A vinyl hose with a plunger (like a syringe) so I could vary the volume:
full

Short answer? It worked. Different volumes affect different rpm ranges. Just playin' in the rain!

Back