Upgrades - Looking for advice

#1--good plug...iridium 7 ngk---#2 ozz mag..#3 .speed demon small expansion exaust… break in as is, and add each part one by one. put on #1.... runit----put on #2....runit----so on & so on you get it. Give each on time to show something then move to the next. (carry on)

#1--good plug...iridium 7 ngk---#2 ozz mag..#3 .speed demon small expansion exaust… break in as is, and add each part one by one. put on #1.... runit----put on #2....runit----so on & so on you get it. Give each on time to show something then move to the next. (carry on)
I’ll have to save up and get those, I’ve been searching for a job and found one, will be starting next week, will let you guys all know how the bike comes along

Oof, don't get caught in the rain with your filter flipped like that!

There is a small drain behind the 4 little pipes that is there to get rid of any moisture and gas build up from reversion. With it flipped, it will just pool up and clog your filter. That intake is poor flowing as-is when dry...when wet it is terrible.

As for the sprocket, good call on listening and returning it. Sometimes people get too stubborn to admit they purchased the wrong parts and try them anyway. I am underwhelmed with the 39t on one of my 66cc cruisers, so I can't imagine a 26t on a 49cc (It's a crazy heavy Huffy Fairmont which I wont be buying anymore...the Hyper is a better bike for $60 less). I guess I am too used to motorcycles and am too lazy to pedal :LOL:. With a 26t You will likely be pedaling the thing almost on your own up till 20+mph...I have only ran 39, 40, 41, and 44 but like 41t the best. IMO you honestly don't want to go too fast on a stock bike anyway without upgrading the brakes, brake pads, hubs, bearings, etc. Your Trek is likely much better quality than a generic walmart bike but it still isn't meant for extended 30+mph cruising with an extra 25+lbs strapped to it.

Last edited:
I wanted to gold accents too, but when I got the parts in, they were more of an orange anodized color. least they match. I don't think China knows gold is supposed to be more yellow than orange
I've got lots of asian gold, and it is more orange than yellow. At 23 karat, that's how it is, western gold at only 14 karat is yellow, but cheap - if you find any 18 karat in the west, you'll see it is darker than 14.

First off, Nice bike! That's a good start. Also, FNT is right, turn the air filter around so it's pointing down or toward the side. If you want a little more top speed go with a 40 Tooth sprocket. If you want to get a high compression head, get one with large fins like a FredHead or similar clone so it will cool better. Also, an expansion exhaust pipe can really wake these little engines up.

First off, Nice bike! If you want a little more top speed go with a 40 Tooth sprocket. If you want to get a high compression head, get one with large fins like a FredHead or similar clone so it will cool better. Also, an expansion exhaust pipe can really wake these little engines up.
Fred does not make heads for 48 cc motors.
The only decent head available for a 48 cc is a moped head.

A properly designed expansion exhaust pipe is the first and best performance add on for a 2 stroke.

Bike looks like a good build but with your motor only revving to 6000 (26 mph) the best speed increase
will be to get the motor to at least 8000 rpm which would be 35 mph.
Your carb is probably jetted too rich. Try a 66 jet. Stock jet is probably 70

I just meant that he should look for one with large cooling fins like the FredHead's have.
I meant Nobody makes heads for the 48cc except for the crappy flat round head.
Post a link to any kind of billet 48cc head. Only 47 mm piston 66 cc have heads made for them.

Back