Walbro pulse pipe installation

Kit

Local time
9:30 AM
Hi Fellas

Planning on fitting my walbro over Christmas, which will need the crankcase drilling for the pulse pipe. I have brought an M6 to 4mm barbed hose fitting to fit, to take the pipe. Has anyone done this, and do you have any wise words for me before I wade in?

I feel that I know more or less what I need to achieve, not sure of the best way of going about it; I'm worried about drill swath ending up in the crankcase, etc, if I don't strip it right down. Some say that you can fit a pipe without removing the engine at all? Many thanks, Kit.

use gravity assist? drill right at the bottom of crankcase, set at bdc, remove spark plug and flush any shavings with petrol...(block the exhaust too) doesnt have to be on a transfer, just somewhere into the case... tis what i would do.

or pop the top end and vac out the swarth as i drill...

Go here for a comprehensive photo tutorial on installing a Walbro style diaphragm carburettor.

I cleaned the inside face of the transfer tunnel with mineral turpentine, followed by alcohol to remove any turpentine residue, thereby allowing a couple of layers of PVC Duct Tape to securely stick to the inner transfer tunnel wall; preventing twist drill shavings from dropping into the crankcase.
The metal shavings stick to the PVC adhesive, and can be carefully removed.once you have broken through the tunnel wall.

Back