We are Launching a Revolutionary New Cruiser on Kickstarter!

Big Red, I don't mind if this VENDOR!,pushes his stuff if he does in the right forum.

One thing IF he was honest businessman he would seek financing other than Kickstarer !

Last edited:
One thing IF he was honest businessman he would seek financing other than Kickstarer !

Wow...you managed to not only insult me but also all the people and projects on Kickstarter in a single sentence. So I feel compelled to respond.

First of all, you don't even know me so questioning my "honesty" is ridiculous. Second of all, Kickstarter is a great place to test to see if the public really wants something before thousands of dollars are spent making something they might not like. If you took the time to read you would see, people that pledge money on kickstarter get something for it. We have our bike listed at retail price - if they like the bike and can afford it they will pledge to get one. If the public doesn't like it they don't pledge. And if you don't reach your goal becuase the public didn't support you you get nothing. So in actuality, it is smarter business and more honest with yourself and your customers than spending tons of money and finding out you went in the wrong direction.

Secondly, I have been developing products and investing in the kustom bike movement longer than just about anyone. The result of our efforts is that we are well respected and known in our space and have thousands of satisfied customers who have been able to get products to build cool bikes that simply were not available anywhere else. But ask anyone in our industry, especially the niche we serve - it is not a big moneymaker. We do it for the love of bikes and our customers.

Not to mention (again if you took the time to look) that there are many highly reputable people and companies using Kickstarter to do what I describe above - test the market. But if you don't look, or understand, ignorance is bliss. You must be a very happy person!!!

There is no guarantee that people that post projects on Kickstarter will deliver on their projects[/QUOTE

From Wikipedia!

If they didn't Kickstarter wouldn't last very long.

And we have a long standing reputation in this business which it would be ridiculous to put that in jeopardy by not doing what we commit to.

Peddle means sell and that's certainly what this thread is about. If you mean pedal, then I suggest you read the kickstarter text on this project again since it's being touted as a "revolutionary" cruiser bicycle and not a motored bike.
There is a one mention among the paragraphs about being a "platform for motorizing" but as many of us know without the crossover into bicycles, that wouldn't kick start much of anything, lol.

Sorry for the misspelling. And I do agree that this may not be the proper place for this type of thread. It does sound a lot like an advertisement for his (new?) bike. But this is a Motorized forum and he does suggest it being a platform for this purpose. although I do think he should do this in the Vender section.
Big Red.
P.S. I should use spell check more often.

Last edited:
If the site admin or moderator would like to move this thread to a more appropriate section then that is great...if they prefer to delete it because I posted in the wrong section, then so be it. Either way, I have no interest in arguing with anyone, let alone faceless people who can hide behind aliases on forums.

It is important to note, my name and company are easily visible on everything we do because we are proud of (and love) what we do - we are not hiding. So to accuse us of being dishonest while we are openly available and visible and you are hiding behind your forum name is ridiculous.

So if you simply want to criticize, complain or argue I will no longer reply - I have wasted too much time - I have bikes to build and customers to assist. If you want to talk about bicycles then I am more than happy to participate - even if we don't agree! That is part of what drives the creative process.

Thank you to those that kept it professional.

Last edited:
UPDATE – DAY NINE
Cruisers U.S. Cruiser Bicycle Project on Kickstarter - Day Nine: Featured Component – Triple Tree and Springer Forks!

For those of you following our project on Kickstarter, today we are taking a look at the front end of the bike, or more specifically, the fork. The Cruisers U.S. Suspension Cruiser comes standard with a high quality, American made, triple tree style fork. The trees themselves are machined from T6061 solid billet aluminum and polished to a high shine. The top tree has an engraved logo on it. The fork legs are show chromed (no cheap flash chrome here!). All hardware is stainless steel. Even the decorative top caps are made from anodized and engraved aluminum. It is a rock-solid, absolutely beautiful fork. And, for anyone interested in making their bike a FULL suspension cruiser, we can offer an upgrade to our extremely popular, dual spring, Springer Fork, as well as disc brake compatible options too. Please contact us for upgrade details and pricing.

We invite you to check out our entire project at…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/553612698/next-generation-cruiser-bicycle-fits-tall-large-ri
and if you are excited by this new bike, please help us advance our cause. By participating you can get lots of cool rewards, and even one of the initial frames or bicycles we will be producing!

We will continue to email this group regularly to update everyone on our progress and present something new about the bicycle. So we invite you to follow along. And please…forward this to your friends who might be interested as well.

Thanks for your continued support in helping us make this happen!
Happy Cruising!
Alan
Cycles U.S./Cruisers U.S./Choppers U.S.
KickstarterDay9.JPG

Hello, Cycles U.S.,

Okay, I guess you must have posted in the wrong forum. I suppose you should have paid more attention. But that's the smallest of sins.

Those who are dumping cold water on you because they dislike stretch cruiser bicycles, or the ones who are doing it for no reason at all, are behaving a whole lot worse.

I'm not a big fan of pedal-forward design and, no doubt, will never buy one. But I still have plenty of respect for you for pursuing a design that you happen to like and doing it, from the looks of it, very well. Good job.

Best of luck and feel free to keep us posted.

Back