Well I thought it was a carb issue...

1 and a half inch pvc pipe end cap fitting, it has the inner diameter of 48.3mm that would fit around the 47mm piston end.

Drill a hole in the end of the pvc cap and put a decent bolt or other fitting that you can chuck in your mill or even a drill press. You have a stock end so you can put some kind of glue or epoxy and use the stock to center your piston in the pvc cap. You can also get a precise gauge piece of sheet metal and do a good snug press fit between the 2.

That let's you chuck a piston nice and center, you can put the sand paper on it, then make it come into contact with head. I'd probably go redneck style and hold the head by hand and do that by sight as long as we aren't talking about dramatic rpms on the piston regulated head sander tool jig™.

Basically what I did......but got lazy haha

Band width is pretty close to perfect of 5.5 mm

I couldn't be bothered with a jig again so just went by hand.
image.jpg

Just for show.
Bit I actually think it could be done on a lathe with enough thought

I managed to spin it at a few 100 rpm with out any problem
No tools, just slight chamfer on the top of the barrel but still

Attachments

• IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 78
IMG_2773.JPG
IMG_2774.JPG
IMG_0750.JPG
image.jpg
Does any one have any links to info on these jugs?

I know I'm a pain in the b..

Everything I bought is 32mm and my jug is 35 o_O

Was about to put a new manifold on and assuming they were all the same I have now found this issue with the cross breed engine From eBay

I'm about too throw the bloody thing and buy a branded one :mad:

View attachment 77569 View attachment 77570 View attachment 77571 View attachment 77572 Does any one have any links to info on these jugs?

I know I'm a pain in the b..

Everything I bought is 32mm and my jug is 35 o_O

Was about to put a new manifold on and assuming they were all the same I have now found this issue with the cross breed engine From eBay

I'm about too throw the bloody thing and buy a branded one :mad:
Unusual but there it is. Hog a bit from the outer points of the intake mounting holes till it fits and off to the next problem. Easy pezzy lemon squeezy. I'd save the fancy intakes for the next build.

Last edited:
Unusual but there it is. Hog a bit from the outer points of the intake mounting holes till it fits and off to the next problem. Easy pezzy lemon squeezy. I'd save the fancy intakes for the next build.

I don't think I have many options with these types of engines Gary, just gunna have to work with what I have

Don't know about these cheap eBay ones but..

Better off paying a few bucks more IMO

I don't think I have many options with these types of engines Gary, just gunna have to work with what I have

Don't know about these cheap eBay ones but..

Better off paying a few bucks more IMO
That is the first time I have seen a intake with a 35mm spread. tons of 32's and 40's. You have really had a lot of unusual parts combinations to deal with. Are there any good suppliers over there or do you guys all have to rely on ebay and crazy shipping costs?

IMG_2772.JPG
Just eBay from what I can find
We can get some of these upgrade parts from online stores and most postage is not to bad
Problem is the motor I have don't match most parts as it appears (understanding frame limitations)

I bit the bullet last night talking to my son and we went halves in a superhawk r80 from a seller here in Auz
We plan on doing a strip down making sure it's all clean and see what we find different from each motor.I bought rc nitro engines with crap inside them so will be a good idea I'm thinking
I wish I found the link earlier but it's been a good learning experience

The motor is now deffenatly running better and power and I have one of jaguar cdi units to put on so we will play around a bit more just need to put a new wood ruff key in it, I still think my compression is down a bit (haven't checked yet as I felt pretty safe it wasn't exssive) and although I put the squishband on the head I feel I have a bit to play with still and also probably lost a little of compression after milling by doing it

I've defiantly learnt a lot from everyones input and appreciate it a lot, I've managed to learn a lot pretty quickly with out any major mistakes that's a big bonus for me haha

I'll keep playing till I get it running right as still find a 65 jet is to big, but can't remember what I had drilled it so have just re done it and hope it will be happier, also found some inlet leaks with carb spray so that didn't help. Won't get another chance till after work now
And jake was right I have a exhaust leak so waiting on gaskets as well now lol

TBH Garry I find these eBay cross breeds just poorly built, gasket,ports and parts don't align very well making the mating surfaces very thin in some place hence the exhaust leak.
I plan on pulling it all the way down and start with the crank and put it back together

They are cheap parts so doesn't make it to bad

Yes! exactly the same with the one i got. quick dremel fixed it. And than it didn't fit haha

yep i will definitely be pulling down and giving it a good going over

Back