Well, It's Orange...Flying Merkel Tribute Build Progress

It's definitely the bowl. I will check this out this weekend at the workday.

Just looked mine up. It's a Raw Racer II, 80-100cc. It was on sale for 199 so I bought it for the Merkel.
OK, so what you actually have in what I call it in CCs, (Chinese Centimeters...lol), in this country, it is actually a 79 to 80 CCs in our American standard of measurement.

It is generally known as a YD-100 single piece cylinder motor, (No separate head), with a 50mm piston...The Phantom has a 52mm piston just so you know the comparison.

And your regular "3" Hp Chinese motor is 66cc's in "American". This engine claims that the Regular 66-80's put out about 2.75hp while the 80-100 puts out a true 3hp. As the price at sale was about the same I decided to see about it. Of course with my 50 plus teeth sprocket my power will be at the low end rather than at the high end.

Two Steps forward, one back. Had accidentally removed the welded tensioner bracket and installed a conventional one. BIG MISTAKE. After the first day's run, tried it out again the next week without inspecting for any signs of looseness, etc. Friend put it in a low speed turn and as it came out of it, gnarly noises and stop. Tore out about nine spokes. However getting the wheel respoked and a friend said he was getting it welded this time. Hope to have it running again in a month. It was so smooth until the disaster. I had pushed too hard to complete it and it pushed back.
IMG_5255[1].JPG

Two Steps forward, one back. Had accidentally removed the welded tensioner bracket and installed a conventional one. BIG MISTAKE.
YEP, it sure was a big mistake as I can see in the picture.

It was so smooth until the disaster. I had pushed too hard to complete it and it pushed back.
These things do tend to bite ya in the butt everytime if things are rushed and/or overlooked.

Remove that tensioner if you can. I don't run one and neither does Damien
Many factors affect the use of a tensioner. The frame would need track fork ends or semi horizontal drop outs to go with out one, and that assumes the chain clears the chain stays. Guys have had success welding the tensioners on or using the arc style tensioners.

Back