Well, It's Orange...Flying Merkel Tribute Build Progress

No playing with sprockets either, #1, it is mounted on a mag rim so nothing to fiddle with as far as rag joints etc...#2 with my setup, it can only use a 36 tooth sprocket do to clearance issues that a sprocket that was any larger would have.

With a 203mm read brake disk, you have to pre-measure and calculate exactly where and how you mount the brake calipers you are not hitting the chain/sprocket.

I have 2 matchbook widths amount of space between the bottom of the caliper and top of the drive chain.

Designing and measuring my own homemade frame to caliper adapter was also not "luck"...Everything I do on these bikes are totally planned in advance before I finalise any build.

My homemade frame to caliper adapter brace:

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg

Again I tell you, no luck whatsoever...Everything was measured exactly before one piece of anything ever went onto that bike...I didn't even move my homemade front motor mount knowing I had it measured exactly right,when I replaced the Zeda 80 with the Phantom 85...Slipped into it like a hand into a glove, perfectly aligned...Havent touched that mount since I put it on over three years ago when I originally put the Zeda on that bike.

Homemade motor mount pic.

View attachment 195811
I thought you didn't like to do geometry 🤣

Here is the very same bike and chains with no tensioner when I first finalised it with the Zeda 80 on it a few years ago...look closely and you will readily recognise the front mount is in exactly the same spot as it is now with the Phantom...Everything is made for quick and easy replacement of anything that I need to do.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

Is your friend OK? It looks like when I grenaded the coaster brake on my old Huffy. 'cept I wrecked the whole wheel and flew into the ditch.
It was a low speed gerfuffle. I had been on the bike and it was fine before him but I had only made a wide turn in my run as I am used to doing that with my long frame long handlebars Hardley Davidson. When my friend got on it after he had made a bit of a run, he has slowed down a lot but made a rather tight turn back, but it was at low speed as as it came out of the turn the problem happened, and he only went about a foot before it stopped due to the chain grabbing so it was just an easy "stop" so it was not a problem. and the bike only lost nine spokes and the wheel itself did not collapse and it retained it's round. Just a matter of replaceing the messed up spokes and retruing of course that requires removing the sprocket assembly but the hub itself is fine.

Back