What Brand Bike is this?!?

OK I gotta pick a color scheme.. Im tied between a black w/ White Accents and Red pinstripes or a really nice 3 step Metallic Cherry Red with White Pinstripes and a Pearl White Tank W/ Metallic Cherry Pin-striping. Neither Original but the way this is going especially if I end up with Thick Bricks and 24" rims its not going to be original but just your average headturner..LOL

Looking at the salient details leads me to believe it's a Murray-built JC Higgins (Sears) bike from the late 1950s. It has a Murray chainring and the pointy rear drop-outs are a Murray trademark. No other manufacturer used drop-outs like that. The chain guard is a standard JC Higgins design, and Murray did build bikes for Sears as well as a number of other companies. The tank is typical of the style of tank that was popular in the late 50s to the early 60s. I hope this helps.

If you wish to search sears catalogs for your bike a good place to start is here: http://www.wishbookweb.com/

I found mine there. The two problems are that 1. It is the christmas catalog....so descriptions of colors may not match the supring/summer products. 2. Not all years are loaded.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Stan!

Im actually going to do an original design since the bike wont be original when its done. Especially if I end up with 24" rims. The one original rim is in poor shape and the front rim was a 27" that someone put on years ago to make it work. Im getting a pair of decent chrome rims and using a new gel seat so originality is going out the door. Im even considering a Monark springer fork for the front

OK..Finally done sanding and priming..Going for Black/White w/red pinstriping. Kinda Rat Rod but shinier..lol Hopefully money wont get tight again (you know you are broke when you cant afford parts for a bicycle..lol):cry:

Back