What do you guys think about Emmo.ca mountain eBike

digital_life

Local time
10:19 PM
I'm thinking of buying one of emmo bikes, Not sure which one yet but I will probably be spending about $3500 (Canadian).

I want to get two batteries for it (49volt 21 amp hours)

I am mostly buying this model for convince since the store that deals in them is a couple minutes walk.

Is anyone here familiar with them

1.png

11.png

Just looked at their website, some interesting stuff, I wouldn't buy any of their ebikes, but some of the small emopeds look like fun. I love the idea of having an 84V 100Ah pack available, even if it's for an emotorcycle, BUT... every motorcycle and bike seem to use the same 500W hub motor. Can that be right? 500W? My BaFang mid-drive is 1000W (1.34h.p.). I fully believe that for an "ebike" (Class 1-3) a mid-drive motor is the best option hands down. For emopeds and motorcycles that can carry 40 lbs. of battery a big hub motor it a better choice. I also don't think fat tire bikes are the best choice for riders with only one bike. The rolling resistance is going to shorten the range significantly over something with old-school standard bike tires (26"-29"). If most of your riding is going to be done on hard surfaces you don't want fat tires. Having two smaller batteries has significant disadvantages to having a single large battery, check BatteryUniversity.com to bone up on lithium batteries, especially about charging in cold temperatures.

The only reason I would say "yes" you should get one is because the dealer is right there. Having someone to maintain it both with and without the warranty would make it worth trying one out.

I really suggest you think twice about not buying a fat tire bike.

Good luck, stay safe.

Canadian law is max 500w E bike
@digital_life You wouldn't be looking at this Fat Tire E Bike If all terrain riding isn't what you wanted,
Don't let Bassett discourage you

I ride a Fat Tire E Bike and I love it. I got two batteries too. The reason I got it was to ride off road
It's all dirt roads and trails for me I even make my own trails, These Fat Tire E Bikes will crawl over anything.
They handle beautifully on paved roads too :LOL:

For encouragement, Here are some pics of my bike and where I've been ridding since July 2021

Thanks all for your for your input, After about a week of thinking this over I cannot justify spending $3500 on a limited mileage bike usually when I go out carry I a 5 liter Jerry can and a short ride will last about 5 hours and a typical ride is about 8 hours or more in the last 3 years I have been doing this I think the furthest I have gone in a day is close to 200 Km I also usually also carry some oil and few bucks to make sure I have enough gas to get home.

I have come up with a new plan that involves buying 2 decent bikes and make one electric bike and one gas bike, I am going to start a new thread for the electric that will require some help from the community.

Spoiler alert:
-- Gas bike will probably be whatever Canadin tire has for about $500 and a Grubee gt5a 66cc motor.
-- Electric so far might be around $1500 Norco they seem to be a strong aluminum frame and I am well aware that most people think aluminum is not the best choice but I disagree and will not change my mind about that.

Back