What made you get into Motorizing a Bicycle?

Bonefish

Local time
9:05 PM
Is is because you don't have a license, you are overweight and need the motors assistance to help you pedal, or fun or what?

saw half the so-called men out there didn't know which end of a wrench to hold onto - figured; "Hey, practically free money fixing those!"

I only get chump change when I fix there regular bikes. Though one old grandpa said he wanted an electric trike so I said I would make him one for $600. Too bad I didn’t follow up, defenently should finalize the deal.

Well riding a bike with an engine is a thrill because you can smile at the pedal bikers with their spandex as you pass xD. But really though building and designing them is even more fun. Ever since i started seeing motorized bike videos on YouTube when I was younger I was interested in them. I noticed the age range from this hobby goes from young whipper snappers <18 to men in their late 60's and 70's! its crazy. I guess some people stay kid like even at old age. And yes a majority of motorized bike riders either got their license taken or are disabled or something or just never got their license. Before I got a license I thought that way too about riding around on a MB. I have mine and have had a car for a year now but its a hobby more than anything since there are laws on these bikes and riding every day is for someone who is really dedicated to fixing and having to deal with police.

What got me into MBing was not having a license. My license was suspended for not paying traffic tickets. Now I have my motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license. After getting my license back. I enjoyed the challenges of building and keeping the MBs on the road and it became a hobby I love.

It was when I was in college and got my first apartment but still had no car. I though, "better get a bike" to make getting around town easier. I knew about electric hub motors and was originally set on using one of those, but after shopping around for a bike at the local bike stores, one of the employees there suggested an engine over a motor because electric hub motors were still way to expensive to be worth the money. I discovered this forum and bought my first kit. The rest is history.

Saw a guy with one. He was going around in circles at about 5mph and looking down between his legs at the motor which sounded like it was under water and was belching black smoke. I thought "That'll be me someday! I will have to get one of those." :p
The rest is science. ;)

I was pedaling home from work 18 miles away after walking over 10 miles during work. Was headed up the steepest hill when a motorized bike zoomed uphill past me. Got one the next day and been stuck since.

Is is because you don't have a license, you are overweight and need the motors assistance to help you pedal, or fun or what?
I got into ht bikes because after years of being a avid cyclist my knees were wrecked from being hit by multiple careless drivers , my wife got me a kit from bikeberry and in the last 5 years I have been a gas bike addict. Would rather ride than drive weather permitting. And if not for this forum I would still be a dinosaur

Cuz if your not into physical fitness wanting to burn off some luxury fat and somehow a car won't fit your lifestyle then your totally goddamn stupid and insane knowing the bike kits exist there reasonably priced and I hate the f*** out of the exhaustion of bicycling especially up hills I don't need the stress whatever stress I can take out of my life the better.

Back