What NGK spark plug for a stock phantom kit?

Same as the rest, ngk b6hs gapped to 0.025
Not the same as the rest...Read below Gordy...lol.

If you are going to run any sort of digital speedometer computer etc. on that bike you will need to use the RESISTOR version of that spark plug since RF interference screws up the digital read outs on these bikes....Mine said I was doing 99 MPH at a stop light while it was running until I put the RESISTOR spark plug in it...Digital readout equipment of any sort on these bikes will be effected by the RF emissions of a non-resistor plug.

You will need the NGK-BR6HS plug...The R stands for resistor.

If you are going to run any sort of digital speedometer computer etc. on that bike you will need to use the RESISTOR version of that spark plug since RF interference screws up the digital read outs on these bikes....Mine said I was doing 99 MPH at a stop light while it was running until I put the RESISTOR spark plug in it...Digital readout equipment of any sort on these bikes will be effected by the RF emissions of a non-resistor plug.

Do the phantom come stock with a computer? I have a BR6HS in my BT80, it was the cross reference for the stock plug, maybe it has something to do with my electric start

Do the phantom come stock with a computer? I have a BR6HS in my BT80, it was the cross reference for the stock plug, maybe it has something to do with my electric start
With a Stator (6 pole 65w) like the one in your BT, the resistor plug is so the CDI don't fry
I'm surprised they didn't put a resistor in the S/P boot.
That's what they usually do because people aren't smart enough to use the correct S/P
With a resistor in the S/P boot the CDI is protected if a non resistor S/P is used

Thanks again. I went to O O O O’Reilys but they didn’t have the Valvoline 2 stroke oil. Maybe, I’ll try Pep Dogs.

Thanks again. I went to O O O O’Reilys but they didn’t have the Valvoline 2 stroke oil. Maybe, I’ll try Pep Dogs.
When I am breaking in a motor with conventional Valvoline muli-purpose 2 stroke oil, I am always able to find it at Auto Zone. I would imagine that California based Pep Boys would have it too...lol...There just down the road from you, right under the smog berry trees...lol.

Back