What Should the Compression Be?

inspectorcritic

Local time
11:25 AM
I just bought another new motor from California Mototr bikes first 2 or 3 days was superiors to others no speedometer but felt like running 25-28MPH out of the box is pretty good then I don't know if I miss with the head with a lose nut made a exhaust echo had to drive it 3/4 mile to Home Depot to get the right pitch nuts.

Well before that bought one of his carbs work okay too except had a fingenail length choke arm difficult to adjust on the run untill it got cold had to f*** with the choke for four miles should have been a hundred feet. So I took that off put on a so called high performance reed CNC carb not much of an improvement.

I went to O'Reiley's Auto Parts they let me use their compression tool for free a real good deal and the help was great it came out to be 60 pounds and holding, let me also add I have a CNC High pressure head has about 3" fins its not the flat head.

Also when I apply gas it bogs out it does not propel me its slow s**t like the rest I bought under 20MPH.

Is it my fault or should I demand a exchange motor?

I also must add if this is a factor he said break in first gallon 25:1 then after 32:1 well I got it like that but its also pissing out the top end just like 2 other motors before it oil.

I just bought another new motor from California Mototr bikes first 2 or 3 days was superiors to others no speedometer but felt like running 25-28MPH out of the box is pretty good then I don't know if I miss with the head with a lose nut made a exhaust echo had to drive it 3/4 mile to Home Depot to get the right pitch nuts.

Well before that bought one of his carbs work okay too except had a fingenail length choke arm difficult to adjust on the run untill it got cold had to f**k with the choke for four miles should have been a hundred feet. So I took that off put on a so called high performance reed CNC carb not much of an improvement.

I went to O'Reiley's Auto Parts they let me use their compression tool for free a real good deal and the help was great it came out to be 60 pounds and holding, let me also add I have a CNC High pressure head has about 3" fins its not the flat head.

Also when I apply gas it bogs out it does not propel me its slow sh*t like the rest I bought under 20MPH.

Is it my fault or should I demand a exchange motor?
Dude it's always your doing,you know there is an issue and yet you still run it causing more harm then expect to get a replacement.Two or three engines ago you were told not to run it so lean and continued to do so till it seized and then blamed the vendor you should give up!60 p.s.i. is not very good I'm suprized it's even running.

Dude it's always your doing,you know there is an issue and yet you still run it causing more harm then expect to get a replacement.Two or three engines ago you were told not to run it so lean and continued to do so till it seized and then blamed the vendor you should give up!60 p.s.i. is not very good I'm suprized it's even running.
Well who has the spects on what it should be?

Ok just went online to find it don't need the help of some tramp f***t to crawl out from behind the dumpster to leave its resentful remark. Here it is:
Compression, (measured / Ideal):
48cc: 125 psi
66cc: 115 psi
Maximum is 150 psi otherwise damage could happen.

Squish Band Clearanc

I'm looking forward to damage on my motor...gonna be cool as hell with 170 plus psi but the internet is always true so it'll be my fault I went above 150 psi....I feel stupid but yet in a smart way..sorry, hard to explain.

value on compression test can change between hot & cold motor - also change if throttle not held open - I look for at least 110 cold compression with open throttle

I'd first check head studs at only 60

I always get a chuckle with these posts. Remember he's trying to write a "book" on cheap fixes for these engines? He needs to break them in every way imaginable just to fix them in the worst ways, thinking someone will be stupid enough to follow his advice.

Remember us trying to convince him that it was unwise to let his chain rub itself with his custom tensioner jamming the bottom chain into the top? He swore it was OK because it didn't break yet, but if it did he'll have a new fix to add to his "book".

BTW inspector, if you ever get published, leave your spelling and punctuation the same. Might sell as a comedy.

Back