What's the best carb to put on a avenger 85

I dont wanna use a bofang
That's a puzzlement to me since the JRL BoFeng is one of the best carby's you could want to use in either the Avenger 85 or the Phantom 85 which myself and a few others are running...Never had a problem with the BoFeng, unlike the old style NT carby's.

Don't quote me on this because it's been years since I've researched the subject, but there is a belief a properly sized carb makes more power and runs better because of better atomization.
An engine runs best when it ingests 14.7 cf of air for every cf of fuel. If you go outside those boundaries then you have to force more air.

An engine runs best when it ingests 14.7 cf of air for every cf of fuel. If you go outside those boundaries then you have to force more air.
I believe its more about air velocity, the faster air travels the better the fuel atomizes, a smaller carb/opening means faster air speed.

However a carb too small and the engine has to work to suck air into the cylinder and you lose power.

For an 80-85cc engine there is no better carb than the Mikuni VM-18 or a PZ19. I love the Mikuni the most, but I am biased toward Mikuni over Keihin designs. It is the best balance in regards to having the best airflow while not losing much intake velocity.

Back