Avenger break in

Whitewill1412

Local time
7:41 AM
I finally got my Avenger 85 assembled after work yesterday. Now I'm trying to get my butt moving and put it on the bike. My question is what oil ratio I should use for break in. It didn't come with any instructions. Everyone in the Facebook group says to use 32:1. That just doesn't sound right to me. What do you guys think?

I'm at 25:1 synthetic with ethanol free 89, moved the needle one click rich and swapped the crap plug for a NGK BP6HS- It was a tad longer, but it's starting and running like a champ.

I will probably switch to 30:1 after a gallon.

I'm at 25:1 synthetic with ethanol free 89, moved the needle one click rich and swapped the crap plug for a NGK BP6HS- It was a tad longer, but it's starting and running like a champ.

I will probably switch to 30:1 after a gallon.
You know why they run 25:1 in the H2.

The mixture that the instructions recommend is 16:1 for new builds and 20:1 after 200 miles or 1 gallon. I personally would run 20:1 and 30:1, it will be healthier for your engine. These bikes last for a decent bit, but they are cheap Chinese motors so keep that in mind. Doing as much as you can to increase the longevity of your motor will save you a lot of money and time.
I finally got my Avenger 85 assembled after work yesterday. Now I'm trying to get my butt moving and put it on the bike. My question is what oil ratio I should use for break in. It didn't come with any instructions. Everyone in the Facebook group says to use 32:1. That just doesn't sound right to me. What do you guys think?

Back