What's your real top speed?

What do you guys think, as a group we start doing eighths. Keep the top speeds (if you’re really fast) and run fully timed, cheap, safe, standardized, tracks nationwide.

Look up the surron race video where they dyno’d a few from stock to modded. One has my controller with a few less volts running the puny gm3000 motor, going 81 with 22hp.
I love it. Vid:

Safer, and can't really BS it like a top speed run. Plus, unlike top speed runs, rider skill will come in to play a lot more. Hitting 80mph for a second or two on a short empty track is a lot safer then the people we have doing 75+mph highway runs in traffic.

The only rider skill will be lean forward and pin it unless you race manual shifters. It will be mechanics that win short straight wide open runs.

I know speed is what sells, but what about us older guys that need more bottom end hill climbing power so we don't have to pedal as much.

The only rider skill will be lean forward and pin it unless you race manual shifters. It will be mechanics that win short straight wide open runs.
Only if they are racing stock bikes. You must not have ever ran a high power bike from a dig.

"Lean forward and pin it" with 15+hp or a high end electric without a softer launching controller and you will either loop or if you have enough wheelbase cause massive ET killing wheel spin. It is not easy to fight for every 10th in an 1/8th mile drag race.

Yea, that's why I dig the Sportsman Flyer. 160cc
Still in my future plans for my next motorbike.

Last edited:

im completely stock, with a 36t sprocket, (included in my kit) no aftermarket parts. It can be done. Mostly I just cruise about 25-30mph, but I can get it to 35 On a straightaway with little difficulty. I've put close to 400 miles on my engine so far, didnt always have the app running, which is why it only says 322

Last edited:
Back