Crashes when your engine siezes...

Thanks for sharing your story. Think we all need these little reminders from time to time just how very MORTAL we all are while riding. You didn't mention, but just out of curiosity; were you wearing a helmet when this happened?
Not about to preach or be judgemental in anyway. I certainly am not always the smartest about strapping one on "every time".
In any case - Really glad that you're able yo yell the tale. Rest up and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Thanks for sharing your story. Think we all need these little reminders from time to time just how very MORTAL we all are while riding. You didn't mention, but just out of curiosity; were you wearing a helmet when this happened?
Not about to preach or be judgemental in anyway. I certainly am not always the smartest about strapping one on "every time".
In any case - Really glad that you're able yo yell the tale. Rest up and keep us posted on how you're doing.

I own 2 helmets. A bicycle helmet for short trips (to the grocery store about 8 blocks) and a motorcycle helmet I wear when taking longer trips. The day I had my accident was very hot and I went without. Luckily I didn't hit my head. I won't be going without again.

Also for the record while I agree that practicing under controlled conditions is very important, I must add that it won't always save you. I have ridden motorcycles for the past 15 years. I have been through the MSF course. I was born in Belgium, and was almost before walking (lol). I have used bicycles to commute to work and also been in several recreational bicycle races. While we might like to think that having prepared ourselves or having lots of experience will always save us sometimes it just comes down to dumb luck or the hand of a angel.

if you have a single speed, practice skidding...go up to 20mph and lock your rear brakes. practice maintaining control until you stop. it isn't hard and when it occurs you'll be better prepared.

Haha im not hearing things, you JUST did say practice skidding lmao

Can you skid pretty well at 35 or 40 mph?

Because my 2 stroke can very well do .. 37-40mph guaranteed. Its done 37mph before.

The forward jolt is what gets ya.., I have flown forward off a bicycle before. More then once. but .. not over prob 20mph. Actually.., I mean maybe once going into a turn, thats how I have a scar on my left elbow

I just wonder.., nomatter how hard I grip the handle bars if im going to flip in that scenario...

Back