Where do you ride?

Thanks Augie and Scottm,
I don't like to bring evryone else down with my problems. Besides evryone has their own, just some more than others.
I had the neck fusion on two disc april 14 and now the lower back fusion will be done thursday, had 3 eye surgeries, two ankle laproscopies where they removed bone both times and in 2 or 3 more months I get the whole left knee replaced.
I have lived and worked hard, so I have no one to blame but myself.
On the BRIGHT side, I will be the Bionic man when they are done. I just wonder if I'll be able too jump like Steve Austin or pedal like him. No motor needed!
Nuff said, A lot of people got it worse!
Doc

OMG! I was going to say something about Steve Austin, but I didn't know if it would be appropriate - but I love your positive attitude and sense of humor about your situation. You've got everyone here pulling for you Doc! And to answer your earlier question, there is a CHEERS saloon in Boston, but it doesn't look the same on the inside and to be honest I've only ever been in the giftshop where I bought a $0.99 lighter for $2.99 because it had the CHEERS logo on it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...pn=0.005423,0.011437&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1

quiet little Adelaide

Hi Guys
Adelaide is fantastic for nice wide roads and little traffic. The main roads which lead into Adelaide have nice asphalt bike lanes, which is almost like a minature road. It has white lines and signposts telling you where to go. One of my favourite rides is along the abandoned willunga train line, They have removed all rubbish and debrit from this line and layed a nice smooth asphalt mini roadway once again with white lines and minature signposts to let you know where you are going!

Happy Motoring..............Gary:D

Just did a google map of Adelaide. Is that the small city surrounded by green then a bigger city, or is it all one massive city?
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a nice place to ride.

Alaskavan, you have good riding weather or has the rain set in? We had a "cold" front yesterday, took it from 91*F to 95* :confused:
Anywho, that's Texas. I just got a spedometer working onmy bike. All this time I thought I've been flying, but I've only been going around 17-22 mph. Got it up to 26 for a few seconds, that was crazy. Still breaking it in.

Hi Scott.
It's been raining. Since I'm running friction drive, there's a good chance that I'll only get a few more riding days this year. (Maybe it'll work on cold, dry snow). Yesterday a tourist asked if the rain would ever stop. I said, "Sure, in a month it'll turn to snow."
But I have projects to work on, and when my trike gets here, I can set up ice/snow tires. In past winters, I've just ridden through it unless the snow was too deep and the plows weren't out, but I'm getting a little old for that.
Rain does have some rewards:

Attachments

• IMG_1474_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG_1474_1_1_1.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited by a moderator:
Adelaide has a city at the core with tall buildings etc. Then surrounded by Beautiful Parklands. Then the outer is Adelaides suburbs. All the parkland and the b\roads have bike tracks everywhere. Adelaidians are pretty easy going and its not stressed or people driving like maniacs to get from a to b. Once i learn how to attach pics i will post some shots of the different bike tracks around Adelaide Known as the'City Of Churches'
rgds.............................Gary.

I just had an awesome ride. I was screaming down a long street with few stop signs. (Police cut off road I learned). And I heard this loud peircing scream in my left ear.
I went about another 50 yards and turned around. There was this guy dancing in the street. Must have been 55 or 60, tye-dye t-shirt and white pony tail half way down his back.
Arms flailing in the air and dancing around so I went back. We visited for about 20 minutes. His wife came out and said "the phones for you," he hollered "Tell em I'll call em back I'm talking to my new friend" He was like a kid at Christmas. He has a 64 Stingray in his garage. He used to race 2 cycle go carts as a kid and has a whole pile of weedeaters and 2 cycle stuff in his back yard. You can bet we'll see him online. I gave him MBc address. Wish I had a business card. We were so excited I don't know if he will rememeber it.

If a Steve from Watauga shows up, give him a big MBc welcome.;)

I thought this was an interesting thread so I'm bumping it to the top.

I roll through the city of New Orleans. Full of "cagers", pot holes, and cyclists. I ride on most (99%) of the streets during the day and any street I want to at night; racing street cars, rolling through the quarter, hitting up bars on Magazine street etc.

The motorized bicycle is an excellent form of transportation and a great way to see this smallish city. You do have to be very defensive and you really gotta watch out for the elements. For example: blew out my back tire tonight - many streets are bumpy and littered with cr*p. I haven't determined what caused it yet - I'll look at the tube tomorrow. Luckily I was only a few blocks from home.

I would like to do some more scenic rides. There is a path that rolls along the levy mirroring the mississip which looks really nice - I'm hesitant to take my bike on it as it's frequented by non-motored bikers and pedestrians.

Hi All!
I use mine as all around transportation. The food store, Bank. Just anywhere I need to go. I called the local PD and asked about legality and was told I'm good to go as long as I abide by the state bicycle laws, Hand signals,Stop at stop signs, All that good stuff. I have all reflectors required as well as lights front and rear and I wear a helmet even though it's not required. I have ridden past PD and have gotten smiles and waves so far. Addum

Back