where to buy engine?

Thats great to know....I hear nothing but good things about the S/R 4 stroke....I ordered the 4 stroke becouse I didnt want to have to mix gas and beable to just pull up to the pump and go....How often do you change the oil and what oil would you recomend to use during breakin and what oil to use after that????
John

Oops had a typo above but edited it, meant dependable, lol.

Gee John, we'll likely start a skirmish discussing what oil to use, lol. Guys like what they like. Tell you what I know. Here's the link to the R/S manuals if you don't have it.

http://robinamerica.com/smanuals.aspx?sid=21

R/S mostly recommends 10w30 and 10w40 for hot climates. They do not commit on dino vs synth. I use 10w30 conventional for break in and then 10-30 synthetic in cool weather and 10/40 synthetic in the hot summer months.

Now, to mix that all up, lol, a good 'ol boy near me who has run a lawn equipment shop for 35 years and is an authorized R/S dealer said to me once: "that engine wants straight 30 weight oil". Go figure, lol.

Happy Vally,you ant kidding about the oil debate lol...We start talking about this and we will open up a whole can of worms....You answered my question on the 10w30 or 10w40....I have never ridden anything but the 2 stroke HT engines and had no idea of what the 4 strokes needed....Im thinking about going with the Royal purple oil,or mabe not lol....Im sure if I change it regularly almost any oil will do....
John

i emailed staton the other day and he was a smart *** to me and i was also gonna spend a couple hundred in ther not now though dax has everthing i need im getting the rear mount chain drive to go with my 49cc monster engine ir is a shame staton is a dufess cause i love that one piece roller for the frictin kits until he has respect for his customers im not buying from him..

Back