Next engine

I'd get this and a staton friction kit with a 38cc huasheng. https://www.statebicycle.com/collec...ucts/4130-windbreaker-fixed-gear-single-speed.

For the throttle? Drive by wire controlled via a torque sensor. I've got the design figured out, talked to some coworkers (industrial controls technicians with many years of experience, 6 and 30 between the two of them) and they all agree it would work and boss would even let me use the business discounts from the industrial automation suppliers. Fabricating the enclosure myself, and using cheap components that are still industrial, thus rugged. I'm looking at 5-6 hundred dollars for a gas alternative to a pedal assist ebike. (Bike not included.)

"Just use a thumb throttle." My speedster project works well but it isn't seamless. I still have to tune the throttle and actuate a clutch. Not having to constantly hold it helps but I am moving forward on the pedal assist. I'll make the drawings this weekend.

It's in Gordy's colours, he will buy it...lol....It will fashion accessorise beautifully with his pretty pink party dress...lol.

images.jpeg

1703959443738.png

Not unless your willing to hear all the guys at school going "say fella" with a lisp whenever they talk to ya...lol...Usually at the same time they are beating and kicking the crap out of ya...lol.
You've actually got me thinking of painting it oink and black now lol.

As I see things is that Chinese Q/C is at best sketchy. To Me, starting a build with a quality Japanese motor would be the best step forward. Granted, there is an initial price difference but you'll have far less challenges using a Honda, Zenoah, Subaru etc.
Subaru and tanaka is hard to find now but people who started this hobby 10-15 years ago tend to have the rare motors. Kawasaki still makes a 35cc 45cc and 53cc centrifugal clutch motor. Never seen one on a bike before. I started with a CG like everyone else but after my golden eagle kit I've been pursuing similar setups.

Back