2 stroke topping out early

JonathanC

Local time
12:27 AM
Hey guys I have the 66/80cc bikeberry engine with stock carb and expansion chamber. I’ve noticed that the engine seems to max out speed when I’m only at about 3/4 throttle and it will go about 25mph. Is this because I need to adjust the carb or is there another issue that I’m looking over. Any advice will help I’m still new in this hobby and I really respect all the feedback I get from you guys!

Just to add RE: air leaks. Start it up and spray a little brake cleaner around the intake and other parts. If it starts to die, there is a leak. Tighten and move on to the next possible leak.

Just don't leave it idling too long.

When I built the engine it said something about doubling up gaskets on the head? I just went with 1 because that’s all they gave me. My thought process was that maybe that was for the stock head and not for the upgraded one

I loosened the carb up and reseated it and that seemed to do the trick as far as the overrevving. As far as the throttle goes, I think once I get to 3/4 throttle at about 26 mph that’s the best that the engine can do on a 44 and with my big 240 pound butt😂might change to a 40 tooth because I don’t want to sacrifice too much torque

Back