Which small engines (under 4 horsepower) are CARB certified for on highway usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to be the champion of the "NO WIN SCENARIO" I see...Heres a link for you to show "scientifically" that all this crap is never going away and is here to stay no matter what you do...That is, if you REALLY believe in what is "passing for science" that they are all spouting...Just keep hugging that tree now...lol...DAMIEN

1. CFC is a type of emission, but not one related to engines.

2. The article points out that nothing has changed about CFCs damaging the ozone layer....it merely says that even if we don't make more CFCs the CFCs we made in the past (which were absorbed by the ocean) will eventually come out of the ocean and have a damaging effect as if the Montreal protocol were broken. In a nutshell, CFCs are bad and it was good they were banned but we still have to worry about the old CFCs we made 40+ years back. Fortunate for us the article points out we haven't made too many CFCs yet:

The CFC-11 hiding in the ocean is not enough on its own to wipe out the ozone layer, but it could prolong its repair.

Last edited:
2. The article points out that nothing has changed about CFCs damaging the ozone layer....it merely says that even if we don't make more CFCs the CFCs we made in the past (which were absorbed by the ocean) will eventually come out of the ocean and have a damaging effect as if the Montreal protocol were broken.
And if the same so-called "scientific" principles apply to this, by necessary extension, im sure they will find a way to say that the same will be true for all other emissions as well...Maybe also absorbed by oceans as well???...lol...DAMIEN

Last edited:
No.

.....but I do hope this will change in the future if a California street and smog legal motorized bike is offered by one of the companies (Grubee, Whizzer, Phatmoto, Bikeberry, Motoped, etc.)

Your a FOOL Octane, You say your waiting for a Smog and Street Legal M/B to be sold in CA.
All the M/B you listed are being sold in CA. How can that be if their not legal in CA?
BTW I have a Smog and Street Legal Whizzer M/B in CA.. It passed the EPA and DOT requirements for a M/B in CA.
You don't know what the #%#^ your talking about.

Last edited:
Motoped is made in California. (y) Motoped does not make the engine.
The buyer has a choice of different engines from 50cc to 150cc Yes some meet California requirements. (y)

But no MotorBicycle for Octane :ROFLMAO:

I really miss my Leaded Gasoline...lol...DAMIEN

I miss it too. It still can be bought through the mail by the 5 gal can but it's $$$$$

Ya always can buy AV leaded from a small airport. It's like leaded gas from the 60s at todays gas station prices. (y)

I tried at the small airport by me but I need a pass to get through the gate and they wouldn't let me in. So I never tried again.
The small airport is about 20 miles away and if I really needed it for my Whizzer I would find out a way to get it.
I have been burning unleaded 91 for 15 years and I don't have any problems so It's OK

Last edited:
All the M/B you listed are being sold in CA. How can that be if their not legal in CA?

Just because a motorized bicycle is sold in California doesn't mean that it is street legal in California.

What they say is that is meant for closed course use only and legal only on the street with the engine off and solely using pedals for propulsion.

Just because a motorized bicycle is sold in California doesn't mean that it is street legal in California.

What they say is that is meant for closed course use only and legal only on the street with the engine off and solely using pedals for propulsion.
B.S. Whizzer is Street Legal. Octane You don't know what your talking about and never did.

B.S. Whizzer is Street Legal. Octane You don't know what your talking about and never did,

If it is street legal it will have a vehicle emissions label on it somewhere.

Does it have the label? Can you post a picture of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back