Will my motorized bike get faster

Max muller

Local time
11:18 PM
My 80cc Schwinn OCC Chopper only goes 23 mph on the first day will it go faster as I break it in?

Mine whent about that fast look up on here alot befor even thinking of working on the motor. I made that mistake and ruined an engine by cracking a case stud bolt. Im hoping to god the jb weld and threadlock makes and airtight seal.

Check yoir fuel ratios look up what people have to say tune yoir carb and if you have an old bmx laying around you can take the rear sproket from that if it has less teeth to get a instand top speed boost.

run it with proper oil mix and see what happens - most will start to get good in about 20 to 30 miles - I've seen some older style motors take close to 100 miles - I don't recommend any tuning except to drop the needle a bit if it is 4-stroking uphill, until you have 200 or more miles on it

Got a 49cc kit, still breaking it in at just under 250 miles now. Took a while getting mine started, later found I hadn't tightened the head bolts very well. Ran pretty rough the first few tanks. Seems to be getting stronger and smoother running all the time. I know not supposed to open it up this early, but I am impatient as heck! On a level road it got to 28 mph, next day, 29 mph! Oh, I did some porting of the intakes and exhaust before mounting it, the reason the bolts weren't tightened to spec! No reason to believe yours will not do better in time. best of luck!

Back