Yet another new motorized bicycle owner!

cwicher10

Local time
6:46 AM
Hello, my name is Chris Wicher and I live in Williamsburg, Virginia. Unfortunately my interest in motorized bicycles was derived from getting a Dui and losing my license for an entire year. However, now that I have the bike I'm wanting to get into it to make it a viable form of short transportation.

I'm not a backyard mechanic by any means. I change my oil in my car and do basic repairs that don't require an engine lift. I've never really looked at the simple design of a bike and sought out to understand all the specific odds and ends. So in other words, I'm a little behind the eight ball on the mechanics portion of it.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to learning everything there is to know about motorized bicycles. I look to better my mechanical knowledge of them to the point where I can put one together from scratch. I'm a forum junky, so I'll be on these forums constantly looking to you professionals for some guidance. I look forward to my time here.

- Chris -

welcome

Welcome to the wonderful world of motored bicycling. Get your hands dirty and develop your machine into something you can be proud of.

Welcome to the forum. These engines are far less complex than a contemporary car engine. I think you are going to enjoy building, customizing and riding a motorbike.

well cwicher if you want something kinda easy to start with you might consider friction drive it would be a good start if you arent mechanicly inclined im not spelling inclined either so forgive me it is just a few bolts and it is pretty reliable what i've heard i have never used one i think i would have been better off with one myself but welcome and enjoy

Back