You just can't fix STUPIDITY like this.

I don't think I'll ever ride a bigger bike. I think the largest I would go is a rebel 500 or a shadow. I wouldn't trust myself on a street bike, and you all know that I hate tall bikes 🤣
Honestly, a modern 500 or 650cc class bike is all the bike you need. Enough power to not be a speed bump on the highway, but small enough to be light and still get decent mileage. Insurance is also waaaaaaaaaay cheaper.

1 year of full coverage (with additional under insured and uninsured coverage) on my VFR1200, a now 13 year old bike, is over 800 a year for me, a 40 year old man with a squeaky clean record.

I priced the same coverage on the new.Honda CL500 Scrambler (off road rebel basically) and it was about half.

Ive been looking at the royal Enfield bikes, i like the 350 classic, but I think one of the 650 models would be way more capable.

Passing cars like they where standing still. lines on the road looked like dots, telephone poles looked like a picket fence.
Darn, I bet some one wrote songs about going too fast.

Took me a minute to figure out why the view was so far away from the camera arm sticking out. The almost getting run over by a fright truck was something else.

Death wish for a few likes. Dumb as bricks.

Passing cars like they where standing still. lines on the road looked like dots, telephone poles looked like a picket fence.
Darn, I bet some one wrote songs about going too fast.

Took me a minute to figure out why the view was so far away from the camera arm sticking out. The almost getting run over by a fright truck was something else.

Death wish for a few likes. Dumb as bricks.

Hey? Remember the Met?
I had one...lol...It was red and white with the little 1200cc 53 HP engine in it...My St. Bernard would always chase me down the street when I would leave the house, when I would stop at the end of the street to be able to walk her back home, (She couldn't fit in the Metropolitan), my wise arse neighbour who was also one of my former teachers in Jr High back in the day, yelled out to the dog saying, "Ok Brandy, ya caught it, now whatcha gonna do with it ???, bury it in the back yard ???"...lol...lol.

It was a real gutless wonder, a wonder it was ever allowed on the road to begin with...lol.

I had one...lol...It was red and white with the little 1200cc 53 HP engine in it...My St. Bernard would always chase me down the street when I would leave the house, when I would stop at the end of the street to be able to walk her back home, (She couldn't fit in the Metropolitan), my wise arse neighbour who was also one of my former teachers in Jr High back in the day, yelled out to the dog saying, "Ok Brandy, ya caught it, now whatcha gonna do with it ???, bury it in the back yard ???"...lol...lol.

It was a real gutless wonder, a wonder it was ever allowed on the road to begin with...lol.
It was the perfect car for driving the narrow roadways in Britain. That's why so many English cars are narrow.

Back