you meet the stupidest people on an MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose a large super soaker filled with vegetable oil would be an effective weapon against the spandex wackos, shouldn't count as assault either.

Sounds very much like criminal assault. This action could very easily lead to a serious injury. Sickos running their mouths.

uh-oh - the way my muffler drips it might be classed the same as that super soaker filled with veggie oil

lol why not just some water balloons can fill them with vegetable oil if you really wanted to. At least it would be easier to store than a super soaker and wouldn't require any priming while trying to drive. Surely that wouldn't be considered assault, if that is then better not let all the kiddies get wind of it other wise waterballoon fights would be made illegal then lol.
Oil degrades rubbers.. I also experienced that water balloons have a bad habit of blowing up before I actually finish throwing them, I don't want to take that risk in my car since it would be messy and probably difficult to explain to the wife since random goo stains all over the car all a sudden raises some eyebrows.

Maybe we can skip the manual hands on pumping with an automated version, those small compressors that plug into the cigarette lighter jack would work well, then again a canister of propane would make a good source of pressurized gas that should propel any cooking oil relatively well, it can even be lit on fire if the monkeys get too outa control.

Good thing it's not illegal to own or carry a flamethrower around in the United States, should make the litigation process a bit faster.

Wow overprotective of the sport I see lol...

Do you honestly think I would do something like that? In all respect it's not as though I'm giving people ideas what to do with their spare time, certainly if anyone had intent in harming you guys in the Spiderman suits they would be more likely to do it out of rage on the spot with their vehicle. That or throw something random at you.

Really how practical does it seem to pick up what would end up weighing 50 pounds being filled with heavy vegetable squeezings from wherever in the car you store such things, somehow aim this 3 foot long vegetable gun out one of the windows and accurately using it without crashing the vehicle you're driving or running over the animals in the roadway. They also don't tend to hold a prime very long so you'll probably have to pump it on site.

I guess you could carry a small one around too, but you'll still need to get aside of the heard so as that you can actually hit them with the vicious stream of slippy slidey. If you are doing it from behind like most of us prefer you'll be doing it at 15-20 mph so you're watergun better have a hard spray, because if not it's going to blow right back all over the front of you.

All that aside if you manage to pull it off please be ready have a hot, oily shootout with the also hot and oily police officer who will inevitably pull you over for being a F****** IDIOT.

All due respect but since we are on the topics of f***ing idiots I should mention that you would need to be one to think I was serious.

Anyway how about a secret compartment filled with vegetable oil that you can pull a secret string on, and when you do it dumps the oil into the exhaust as to make a horrific cloud of choking smoke that would put any wild pack of skin tighters at bay.

I have no idea what this rant is about. I have no idea what you are capable of or what you fantasize about. I have no idea what this thread is about, frankly.

But I take it all quite seriously. Three of my riding buddies were serious hassled this evening, very strong guys rolling single file doing close to 30 on a road classified as a Scenic Byway. All filmed in GoPro. We shall see what Louisville Metro Police does with him.

Bike racer was killed in Indy this past Friday, leaving a widow and small children. Truck driver ran a stop sign.

Similar story on the West Coast, rider was forced to ride in a bike lane, which was technically a door zone, clipped a mirror of a big parked trucked, lost control and smashed by a huge truck traveling the same direction. Dead.

Yeah, I take this all very seriously. I have suffered harassment of the worst sort and have dodged many a bullet. My training days are over, but my cycling days are not. It's not funny - and it's not right. Every bike rider out there is doing us a favor, particularly if it's a trip to work or errands that would be otherwise done in a car.

I will always support cyclists and motorcyclists (they get it, too!) and everyone in between. Things should not be as they are. I will never apologize for pointing this out.

Rider was forced to ride in a bike lane, ummm if there is a bike lane you use it as that lane is designated for you as a bike rider.

In the end I see too much s**t from bicycle riders around here, still seeing people not obeying traffic laws.

Sounds like their's a bunch of butt hurt brethren need to change your rags. Your seeping. Grow a pair, handle things as they present themselves, and quit crying when your pity fit draws a joke or two. Oh he did this, oh they did that, f*** off. I meant that in a nice way.

Another chump piles on. Nobody owns the road, but all users have the right of way once earned. Be patient. Pass when safe.

Oh for sure, everyone has the right to use the roads, and everyone should have respect if not some descent consideration to our fellow travelers. My problem comes in when there are these (insert colorful expletive) who ride their bikes right in the center of the road with 35 to 45 mph speed limits with no way to safely go around them, while there is a clearly defined bike lane, with signs that say bicycles must use bike lanes. Then these granola munching upity bastards have the gall to come at drivers like they should give up all rights to them because there on a bike and therefore believe they have the same protections as pedestrians. "Share the road" is a 2 way action. It's these few jerks that give bicyclists a bad rep, and unfortunately I live in their capital.

But yes, patience is a virtue and everyone should be working together to keep everyone safe on the roads, especially for cyclists and motorcycles. As both a motorcyclist and casual bicyclist, I understand your point as I have had my fair share of harrasment from "cagers", regardless, auto drivers tend to not to see us, or care as much thus it is up to us to stay safe ourselves, and these peckers who treat their bicycle like a car on the road are just giving us a bad rep and endangering everyone around them because drivers are just as stupid if not more so when they loose their s**t when patience runs out because they just spent the last 2 hours going 10mph on the freeway in grid lock just to get off an be stuck doing 15 or 20 behind a bike in a posted 45 speed zone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back