California motor bikes

Thank you Mr. Jaguar. I already have the hose on, and will try it tomorrow .
You know me I always do it first then ask! Oh well.
I also meant to ask . Do you guys use mirrors ? Or do they vibrate so much you can not see anything anyway?
I know my old Britsh motorcycles, you had to put your hand on the mirror so you could see what was behind you. Thanks again! Keep looking up! Ken.

depends a lot on how the mirror is mounted - I like a short rod motorcycle mirror mounted under the left handlebar below the clutch lever - not too much vib there

Yes, that is sort of what I have to do. I have the drop bars on the bike, so I will put an end bar mirror on, when I decide to do it. Thanks for your input. Keep looking up! Ken.

Yes, that is sort of what I have to do. I have the drop bars on the bike, so I will put an end bar mirror on, when I decide to do it. Thanks for your input. Keep looking up! Ken.

Putting it at the end isn't always the best. Mine is on the clutch side (left side), positioned underneath the bar, and on the right edge of the handle grip. I found this to give me a good view of the left lane without having to significantly move my head. There is vibration so I use it as the first check and always check my blind spot. I would use it solely if I had time to take more than a second glance. I don't think you need one on the right side unless you are going ZOOM ZOOM faster than cars. :helmet:

I guess it depends on your bike and handle style but just try different positions all alone the bar. You might be surprised at a spot that works best. Also, I think its best to minimize head movement to check the mirrors. :cool:

Thank you Mr. Bakaneko. You sound like a truck drive. I always wanted my mirrors adjusted just right. It used to drive me nuts if the right one was out , and I could not find a place where I could pull over and adjust it.
I never thought about being able to put a mirror on drop bars anyplace except in the bar end. I will have to look them over some more and see what I can do. There is a lot of stuf on the bars already . Thanks again ! Keep looking up! Ken.

Well, the tail pipe did not work to good! Lost a lot of power( to much restriction I guess). It was quieter . And still got a little oil on the rear wheel too.
I have some 5/8 heater hose I will try tomorrow . Maybe that will not restrict it so much.
But I think it will be the same. Just have to keep cleaning the wheel and breaks.
I wonder if I have to much oil in the mix . I thought I put 12oz. Into a gallon and half jug.
Oh well. Keep looking up! Ken.

Be careful of the placebo effect in reverse. Our animal instincts translate noise as power.
Find a long straight uphill and run it with and without the added tubing to see if there is a speed difference at the top. (But even then your previously held belief concerning noise and power will subconsciously cause you to slant the results)

The 5/8 heater hose worked a lot better. I think it is still down on power just a little this way. But can live with it. It is maybe a little quieter, a deeper tone, sounds good. Still gets oil on the rear wheel, some what. But a lot better this way.
The speedo I ordered should come in next week, and if it works on the gas bike I can test the performance with and without the tail pipe. Keep looking up! Ken.

Back