Cant figure it out! Please help!

Stay the heck away from liquid gasket as a stand alone sealant.
You can use it as a gasket dressing, applied very sparingly on both sides of the gasket, but you will need a good quality gasket none the less.

If you cannot find a ready made gasket easily, purchase some quality gasket material from an auto parts store. Be sure that it will stand up to exposure to gasoline and high temperatures. Ask the parts counter folks if you are unsure.

Apply a thin coating of liquid gasket to either the carburetor or the heat block/ manifold and while it is still liquid, press it down onto the gasket material as if it were a rubber stamp. Let it dry some on the gasket material but wipe off the gasket sealer from whatever engine part you applied it to.
Now you have an exact imprint of the gasket that you need.
Using an Exacto knife or razor blade, very carefully cut out the "printed" shape from the gasket material. Sometimes it is necessary to trace over the cut lines in multiple passes rather than trying to cut all the way through the gasket material in one pass.
When done, insure that there are no dangling bits on the edges around where the air flow or fuel flow may come in contact with the gasket. I sometimes burn them off with a lighter or file them smooth with a jeweler's file.
A trick to punching holes in the gasket material for the bolt holes, ect. is to use a bullet casing or even a paper hole punch if the hole size is correct. I have even used bits of random steel, copper or brass tubing that I sharpened one end of.

Hey guys. just a follow up on my issue. So, after doing everything I could think of, (and repairing that intake leak) I realized my whole problem was just two simple things:
1) My killswitch was broken, and would ground constantly
2) my choke swirch was loose and vibrating itself to the off posistion anytime I rode

Thanks for everybodies advice, and remember to check the LITTLE things

Back