clutch arm wont go all the way down

Nahom

Local time
1:41 PM
I've put the chain on and want to put on the case that covers the 10 tooth engine sprocket where chain goes around. (the one with the hole at the top where the clutch arm goes through.
How to I put it on? If I push the clutch arm all the way down the case wont go on because that little removable metal cyclinder in the middle of the sprocket is pushing against the clutch arm behind the case.
If I put the case on first the clutch arm won't go all the way down because the removable metal cylinder in the middle is blocking it. So once all screws are I can just lift the clutch arm up out of that hole... surely this is not supposed to happen?
I'd really appreciate some help please. I've threaded the clutch cable through the clutch arm already it's just closing that left hand sprocket case which is troubling me. What should I do to put it back on?
Thanks

Last edited:
there is a tiny pin inside that cover that holds the clutch arm in there if you can pull it out when screwed on then the tiny pin in the cover is either damaged or just never got put in?

Ok I found the pin. I've got the sprocket case unattached in my hand and now have the clutch arm unable to move up and down. Beautiful. Thanks. The problem however is that when I align the case holes with the engine holes- it is not a fit. The removable metal cyclinder is still blocking it because the clutch arm is still all the way down. When I press the the clutch lever what happens instead of the metal cylinder going in is it protrudes not being able to go in any further and the case is pushed back out toward me because it has nowhere else to go- It's blocked by the metal cyclinder which will not go inwards towards the engine any further.

I watched this video.
when the clutch lever is pressed the the arm turns pushes the metal cylinder in which leads to the clutch cover being pushed out on the other side. This certainly doesn't happen for me :(

hmm maybe the shaft is just jammed ? put a piece if wood on the pin and give it a few taps . once i did receive an engine with 2 ball bearings behind that pin but the pin was shorter to make up for the second ball , see if you can get the ball out to check if 1 or 2 . also try loosen the flower nut a bit .

yeah i did it up too. wait you mean screw the flower nut in the middle of the clutch cover really really tight?

you mean something like this?

Nothing like that behind the metal cylinder

Attachments

• ball bearing.jpg
    ball bearing.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 123
yeah i did it up too. wait you mean screw the flower nut in the middle of the clutch cover really really tight?
no i said loosen not realy really tighten , if its too tight pulling the clutch wont push out the pressure plate on the clutch .
you mean something like this?

Nothing like that behind the metal cylinder
well if there is no ball the bar shouldnt touch the clutch arm at all , so im guessing its just dark again and you cant see it.

s**t! I suddenly remember there was a silver little ball which fell on the ground! I had no idea what it was or where it was from. I think i put it with the pile of used parts that were originally on the bike. It may have been from the old engine.

Surely if there is a bearing it will be really deep- if it hasnt fallen out by itself it must be hard to get out...
I will look again with a torch now.

Back