Getting a tag in Fla

56.3 mph and 160+ mpg and there is many guys on this form that will back me up!

p
Do you have a 2 gal tank on there? I thought most tanks were only 1 gal and only got about 80mpg?

And please correct me if I'm wrong, all you guys who registered your bike, registered them as Mopeds?

Last edited:
Kawasaki,

LOL! :) for real LOL!

Nice Mongoose btw! Clean look/ install.
Not too many wires or a biiig black box on the back of your bike

Ohh, the topic... yes... I got a tag in FL.

"Can't we all just get along?"

God Bless America! :)

No more off topic or duplicate posts please. Start a thread in the appropriate forum for off topic discussion. Again be respectful of each other. This is the second warning. I will close the thread if it continues.

You said top speed was over 50mph, doesn't that mean it actually needs to be registered as A motorcycle?
I thought a moped was only allowed to have a top speed of 30mph, in order to be registered as such?
You are registered as mopeds right?

Sanjusf, U r right! Its not supposed to go over 30 mph, registered or not, I have 2 registered and 2 that r not. back on topic.

Last edited:
Sanjusf, U r right! Its not supposed to go over 30 mph, registered or not, I have 2 registered and 2 that r not. back on topic.

My original question was, are yours registered as Mopeds or is there a different registration type that i'm aware of?

Its reg. as a moped and they created a vin# I scribed it on my frame.The reason it does not say motorized bicycle, is the words are not in there computer to be selected.

That really puzzles me. I thought I heard that Fla. had changed their DMV Code to include MB's, with restrictions, into the bicycle category, requiring neither tag or insurance.

Guess I was misinformed.

Kerf, I got my tags 2 years ago, so thinks might have changed since then. I just renewed for 2 more years.

That really puzzles me. I thought I heard that Fla. had changed their DMV Code to include MB's, with restrictions, into the bicycle category, requiring neither tag or insurance.

Guess I was misinformed.

This is no DMV code anywhere that states you can register a bicycle with a gas engine on it as a "motorized bicycle". Like one of the other members have said, There was (is) no "language" in the DMV computer to describe a "motorized bicycle"

Another example of this type of confusion iis this... In my town, there is a law stating that you MUST register your bicycle with the town AND PAY $1 for registration and you are supposed to receive a "bicycle" registration/plate. When I went to the town hall to inquire, they pushed me over to the local sheriff's dept, where I spoke to the sherriff that (originally) did that stuff. He told me that there is no longer that "option" in their computer system to register bicycles anymore. Even though the local ordinance demands it by law, there is no way to accomplish this feat.

There ARE some towns that STILL do registrations of BICYCLES (regular and electric, not gas) for the purposes of theft prevention. (re: Ft. Lauderdale) but those are done through those local municipalities and has NOTHING to do with the DMV or the State/Town roadway laws.
(If there is still a county in Florida that allows for bicycle registrations though the Sherriff's dept for that county, I have not found it yet {nor is it available in my specific county})

Other's have said, that they have recently (within the past 6 mos.) gotten their gas bicycles (mopeds) registered, but until we see the registration proof, it's just anecdotal.

Last edited:
Back