I have ventured to the dark side...

What I'm trying to say is controller on bike is configured to battery voltage rating. Inside controller is the BMS
battery management system. On my 48v battery the BMS will shut down to protect battery and motor.
If you want to upgrade to a 48v you will need a new controller

I figured I might. 36v should be just fine, I'm not trying to be speed racer.
There are other advantages to going with a higher voltage, assuming the motor can handle it. The big one is increased efficiency for the same output. To use your 24v 250w bike as an example, it will pull a max amps of 11 nominal (10.4) if the motor output remains at 250w, but you can run it at 48V, it will run at 5.2 amps peak.

The drawback is the battery pack size can start to get bigger if the desired AH rating remains the same. On the plus side, since the amp load on each cell is lower you can use higher capacity cells that tend to have lower discharge output ratings and make up the amp hour difference that way to keep the battery size reasonable.

There are other advantages to going with a higher voltage, assuming the motor can handle it. The big one is increased efficiency for the same output. To use your 24v 250w bike as an example, it will pull a max amps of 11 nominal (10.4) if the motor output remains at 250w, but you can run it at 48V, it will run at 5.2 amps peak.

The drawback is the battery pack size can start to get bigger if the desired AH rating remains the same. On the plus side, since the amp load on each cell is lower you can use higher capacity cells that tend to have lower discharge output ratings and make up the amp hour difference that way to keep the battery size reasonable.
I'll have to measure the spot in the frame for the battery

Amazing what high school student poverty will do for you...You finally figured out just how expensive those E-bikes can really be...lol.
Nah, I had plans of fixing it soon, but a friend needed something to ride back and fourth to work for cheap, so I gave it to him, sent him links to all the parts, and said I'd put it together for gim.

Back