I have ventured to the dark side...

At least in cycling communities the "dark side" is any kind of motor on the bike. Little velosex upfront? Dark side. Hub motor e bike? Dark side. Idk if Mr. GW ever came up with a good solution but here's some circuits 101 to clear up what the heck an amp and a volt even are.

I fou d a battery that was the same voltage, but higher Amp hour and higher wattage. I gave this bike to a friend that needed it to go to work

I always liked this cartoon explanation.

maxresdefault.jpg

I fou d a battery that was the same voltage, but higher Amp hour and higher wattage. I gave this bike to a friend that needed it to go to work
The reason the wattage is higher is because the amperage is higher. Power (watts) is as easy as P/IxE. P = Power (watts) I = Intensité de Courant (Amps) thanks to a Frenchman Andre Ampere. E = Electromotive Force (Volts)

In simple terms Amps x Volts = Watts. Increase amps and/or volts and you get more wattage. You can also move the formula around to find any of the others units as long as you have 2 of them.

The reason the wattage is higher is because the amperage is higher. Power (watts) is as easy as P/IxE. P = Power (watts) I = Intensité de Courant (Amps) thanks to a Frenchman Andre Ampere. E = Electromotive Force (Volts)

In simple terms Amps x Volts = Watts. Increase amps and/or volts and you get more wattage. You can also move the formula around to find any of the others units as long as you have 2 of them.
Thanks

Back