Rich or Lean?

The only "free" I know of is moderating this forum...lol...ImpulseRocket and myself are both unpaid volunteers as forum moderators as are most other forums that I know of...lol...lol.
Wow.. thats insane. Your a really good person. Moderating this forum for free without being paid? Honestly you deserve to be paid because the amount of help and support you give out is wild. This world needs more people like you. Right now everyone wants everything to themselves and not morally care about anyone.

Wow.. thats insane. Your a really good person. Moderating this forum for free without being paid? Honestly you deserve to be paid because the amount of help and support you give out is wild. This world needs more people like you. Right now everyone wants everything to themselves and not morally care about anyone.
Just about any forum operates this way, there is no real money to be made in forums like this anyways...Everyone from the forum owner/admin to the moderators do this for the love of the hobby/sport we are in as well as to be of service to our members who likewise love the hobby...lol.

One other thing I forgot to mentions is to be sure that after EVERY single heat/cooldown cycle for at least the first 200 miles with these beasties, that you must retorque the 4 top nuts on the cylinder studs in an X pattern to 144 inch pounds torque, which is 12 foot pounds of torque...The aluminum threads of the studs and what they screw into on the base of the motor constantly stretch and retract due to heating and cooling, you will find that they will most likely be loosening on you after each ride...This WILL result in base gasket and head gasket leakage if this is not done...DO NOT check or tighten them when hot or warm, only once it is totally cooled off again.

5 minutes was just about long enough to just get it warmed up, but not long enough to even begin checking the spark plug just yet.

Your spark plug is not indicating anything as you have not ridden it far enough or long enough.

Try that one again but give it at least a half hour this time.

As far as top end speed is concerned, I have never seen it where those poo poo exhuast pipes do any good whatsoever in that department, you would actually get more top end with the stock pipe...A smaller rear sprocket will also help out for better speed but its a trade off as you won't have as much low end torque.

Also, is that an after market head or the one that came with the engine kit???

Change your fuel mixture as well to 25 to one mix ratio for the breakin period which is about 100 miles or so which means about two tankfuls of gas and mix your gas and oil in a gas can, not just in the tank as it will not be consistantly mixed that way...It has to be done in a gallon gas can and shaken vigorously in order to mix it properly and then pour it into the tank, and be sure to be using Conventional oil only during break-in period...NO synthetics until after break-in.

If your using the Chinese spark plugs that come with these things, throw it out, they are garbage as well...Most of us here change them out immediately to an NGK-BR6HS spark plug gapped at .025 thousandths.

I never even checked my plug until the first 300 miles or so once everything was fully broken in as well as running a couple tanks after that and this is what my plug looked like which is about the best perfect burn your gonna get.

View attachment 193682

View attachment 193670

View attachment 193671
8th commandment: Thou shall not steal. Pearly gates be a shuttin on you! Stole my spark plug chart!

Just about any forum operates this way, there is no real money to be made in forums like this anyways...Everyone from the forum owner/admin to the moderators do this for the love of the hobby/sport we are in as well as to be of service to our members who likewise love the hobby...lol.

One other thing I forgot to mentions is to be sure that after EVERY single heat/cooldown cycle for at least the first 200 miles with these beasties, that you must retorque the 4 top nuts on the cylinder studs in an X pattern to 144 inch pounds torque, which is 12 foot pounds of torque...The aluminum threads of the studs and what they screw into on the base of the motor constantly stretch and retract due to heating and cooling, you will find that they will most likely be loosening on you after each ride...This WILL result in base gasket and head gasket leakage if this is not done...DO NOT check or tighten them when hot or warm, only once it is totally cooled off again.
Thanks for the tip!

Wow, alot happend after I went to bed last night...
As the world turns! Bwahahahahaha
R.427dafeb28bb7d11423cb64daacbc6ce

You probably don't need a new carb, just some adjustment. Got a picture of it? Plug says too much fuel, and only getting 20mph out of it says too much fuel.

Back