Road Rage!

Well, I wasn't gonna post this, I'd be here everyday, each day I seem to run into clumsy drivers.
Last night I had to use peddle power cos the choke came loose, np, was only 1/2 mile up Hampstead Rd. to home base. It has a bike lane, all new line markings, easy to see, no traffic except the semis at 10.30 pm coming in through from the S.East FW as usual going Northbound.

Well, as if the entire 2 lanes was not enough for this nutcase, he had swerved close onto the bike lane ! and back out onto the left lane again on a complete straight stretch of road, edging me to stop the bike, it was that close.
Now I don't know what the problem was with that driver, but if truckies start to push their luck onto bike lanes while passing a bicycle, there's gonna be problems.

Tonite it rained.
We have a Jekyl and Hyde thing here when it rains for some mysterious reason. Don't know if this strange phenomenon exists elsewhere.
The usual tinted window, exhaust loud commodore on a Friday night decides to tromp it around the corner and do those slides.
Where was I ?
Staring at the whole show seeing the headlights and the tail-lights at the same time, thinking when it straightens the driver had better lean off or if he or she loses it on the re-bound, I'm it.

He/she see's my headlights and tromps it more. Had he/she lost it in the wet, well it could have been a head on in a narrow side street.
( Into Floriedale coming off Muller BTW)
He/she zooms past me and the smell of rubber was all around.
This is wet roads, just as the rain had stopped and I decided to take out my latest build for a test run, and I run into these cases of nuts.
OK, I or we, USED to do it to in the rain to, it just hasppens for some reason when it rains, we try to see if the tyres actually grip better.
Well, they don't grip at all. 4 written off cars are testimony of this fact.

Something similar does happen here in the USA. And it seems to happen in the "upscale" places. There's a road that runs east-west north of Indianapolis. More than once I've seen the situation that it had rained in the afternoon and then cleared up. These idiots in their Lexus' and Hummers would come around those curves almost up on two wheels with the Sun in their eyes. I had to give up on that road (under those circumstances, anyway). I'd be driving a good sized pickup truck, but still feared for my safety.

It's just another example of how we insist on driving cars, but absolutely refuse to do so responsibly.

I watch gas prices go up and I'm happy. Let's get those stupid cars off the road.

Every vehicle that crosses a stretch of pavement leaves behind itself a film of engine oil, gasoline combustion by-products, tire rubber, and, unfortunately with all too many, leaking transmission fluid, brake fluid, anti-freeze, etc. That stuff accumulates during dry weather - the higher the traffic volume, the faster it does so.

Along comes a good downpour, and the film lifts off the road surface and turns into a high-surface tension viscuous lubricating layer between your tires and the road. It clings too tire rubber as well, and you might as well be driving on a sheet of glass. It's wet out? Slow down.

I have to say a lot of people wave at me and give me "thumbs up" or say "COOL"!

Now there's this 2 % of the people that have a real problem with motorized bikes, and they scare me a little......

It's not that they hate motorized bike's, it's what they represent..........."FREEDOM"!!!!!!!

i agree after it rains the car-nuts come out to play.

I see it on a corner right next to my house.

they do burn-outs up hill, even in the dry,
and leave plumes of rubber smoke behind.

they do it in the wet, as its leaves less rubber behind
and makes better burn-outs.

on Sunday, I reversed out of my driveway and thought there'd been one such incident
as there was smoke everywhere.

I drove for one block and saw it was just a car with a really faulty engine that produced heaps and heaps of smoke, I blocked my air-intake at home, and had to drive through clouds of smog, it was like a foggy day, I followed this car for like 1km,
and the smoke went away as the car went faster.

Which reminded me of our two stroke motors, the performance gets better
as we get faster. Same as with this outa tune car, less smoke as it got faster.

Large F, you handled it better than I would have. What is it with the jerk population; why were they allowed to breed so much?
Where, exactly, do you think the "girls love a bad boy" thing comes from?

A few thousand generations of such behavior, breeding like rabbits (with typically less real concern for their offspring).

I had a run in with a D-bag little punk 20 something kid in his toyota coming up a two lane road with no shoulder. This is on Beacon st. in Boston where the max you can go is about 30 MPH on this stretch anyway. I'm keeping up with traffic for the 100 feet until I make my turn. This f*(%ing punk honks at me and I have to pull over and squish against the side so he can revv up his motor and honk. This is just so he can get right in front of me. What a Jack@$$. I considered getting to work late, following this pr!(% to the next light and kicking a dent in his car door, but I thought better of it.

Since then I keep a nice big loogie ready when I ride that stretch of road.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of days ago, I was riding down a suburban street in bigot town o.c. Four juveniles decided to play chicken with me, taking up both sides of the street towards me, playing chicken to see if I would budge. I stayed my ground, going about 15 mph. I figured they're on the wrong side and I'm on the right side...if we collide, well, I'm suing their parents.

I stayed my path because I had nowhere else to swerve. They were trying to get me to stop or go around them. **** no. My trajectory was towards the 15 yr old boy. He chickened and swerved a little, letting me pass. The other three went right past me on my right. They let out one of those juvi squeals you know so well. Next time I see them, a 911 call would be in order.

And there's another place I would avoid on my rides....the road next to the Christian church. Man, those people, when church services are over, they drive like bats out h***! Literally. I mean, what would Jesus do? Would He drive like them?

Last edited:
Back