"Serial 1" Beginning of a new motorized bike kit (hopefully)

That Clamp is cool, but you'll discover that not everything can be clamped flat to the table. Ya still need a DPV.

Actually I'm surprised ya didn't buy one when ya got the DP.

I guess you were bad boy last year. I asked 🎅 to bring you one.

Well, slow and steady wins the race!!

Got my "new" sprocket. Seems like ill be able to actually use it!
Gotta make a jig to drill the holes out, but atleast its possible now!

steel mill ain't got anything done, so that's nice.

Will also be dumping the transmission in favor of a regular clutch, as i dont know of any T8F sprockets that will work.

Still be able to get a 10.83:1 ratio with these sprockets, should be good enough for this motor.
20210104_195659.jpg
20210104_195526.jpg
20210104_195654.jpg

You're going to need that transmission or a ratio of 16:1 or higher for large dia wheels,most people whom use those engines on a bicycle use a very large gear on the wheel so as not to burn up or have the clutch chatter.I was trying to put up a video of one that's currently in use but it wouldn't post, after all the work the owner did he's not very happy with the results and doesn't recommend it's use LOL,you have to realize that even with a 10" wheel those engines need to unload some before they start to work and the sprocket on the 10" wheel is only slightly smaller than the wheel, and that's because they just bog other wise and then snap the chain in the transmission.

You're going to need that transmission or a ratio of 16:1 or higher for large dia wheels,most people whom use those engines on a bicycle use a very large gear on the wheel so as not to burn up or have the clutch chatter.I was trying to put up a video of one that's currently in use but it wouldn't post, after all the work the owner did he's not very happy with the results and doesn't recommend it's use LOL,you have to realize that even with a 10" wheel those engines need to unload some before they start to work and the sprocket on the 10" wheel is only slightly smaller than the wheel, and that's because they just bog other wise and then snap the chain in the transmission.
Good to know, ill make due with this set up currently, and will change in the future. Ill see what other sizes they got, as the transmission uses a #35 chain, not #25. (Tried ordering another sprocket with no luck)

most people whom use those engines on a bicycle use a very large gear on the wheel so as not to burn up or have the clutch chatter.
Shouldn't chatter since they are not metal pads but some softer composite material more like a brake pad. Unlike phatmoto, 79cc clutch with metal shoes, not to mention the crap bushings type clutches. Idk what they're thinking. Pocketbike engines almost always come with the composite shoes. Yes wear can happen but not exactly the irritating sound of the slipping metal clutches and I know what it sounds like on a 79cc. My 50 would just wear down and rpm would be too high no noticeable chattering.

Last edited:
Good to know, ill make due with this set up currently, and will change in the future. Ill see what other sizes they got, as the transmission uses a #35 chain, not #25. (Tried ordering another sprocket with no luck)
Use the #35 it will hold up better that's what alot of minibikes with 5hp engines use. Can drill out a big 60 or so tooth #35 sprocket for the adapter.

Use the #35 it will hold up better that's what alot of minibikes with 5hp engines use.
Ill have to see what sprockets are avalible for it, as the most common is 60t, (flat plate) trying to minimize the rotational mass as well (keeps it from lugging the motor too bad)

For now, #25 chain is the option for me.

Shouldn't chatter since they are not metal pads but some softer composite material more like a brake pad. Unlike phatmoto, 79cc clutch with metal shoes, not to mention the crap bushings type clutches. Idk what they're thinking. Pocketbike engines almost always come with the composite shoes. Yes wear can happen but not exactly the irritating sound of the slipping metal clutches and I know what it sounds like on a 79cc. My 50 would just wear down and rpm would be too high no noticeable chattering.
Any centrifugal clutch can chatter when the load is to great and the rpm drop causing the shoes to retract and open back and forth! Cag engines use a two shoe garbage clutch that has many issues, my preference is a four shoe racing clutch with heavy springs and we add weight to the shoe's arm for earlier more solid engagement.

Well, slow and steady wins the race!!

Got my "new" sprocket. Seems like ill be able to actually use it!
Gotta make a jig to drill the holes out, but atleast its possible now!

steel mill ain't got anything done, so that's nice.

Will also be dumping the transmission in favor of a regular clutch, as i dont know of any T8F sprockets that will work.

Still be able to get a 10.83:1 ratio with these sprockets, should be good enough for this motor.
View attachment 102728View attachment 102729View attachment 102730

If the transmission has a 6-splined shaft, a T8F sprocket as small as 11t will fit.

They're cheap and widely available on ebay.

For 26" rear wheel, 18.75:1 gear ratio would be a good starter.

With your 10.83:1 ratio, you'll burn your clutch and maybe not move from a standing stop without pedalling.

Without a jackshaft, you'll need that 11t transmission and a 69-tooth rear wheel sprocket, to attain 18.82:1 gear ratio.

Without a tranny, you'll need at least a 120t sprocket to achieve your 10.83:1 ratio.....and still destroy your clutch.
You need to do more homework.

Last edited:
Back