Took the plunge, 2 stroke on the way!

It's BoyGoFast. The same kit as many vendors. 66cc, standard NT carby, 2L tank, roller bearing chain tensioner.
It's the earlier model clutch lever and throttle/kill switch. Might be the early model carb, too. The later ones have a coated slide, the earlier ones are bronze/brass, uncoated. Not sure if that makes much of a difference. Also, couldn't see a countershaft sprocket/clutch puller, included with many kits.
Still, it looks basically the same as my kit.
Also, it looks like it has an EPA sticker on the magneto cover.

From what I've read, sometimes their service is below par, but otherwise, you've got a pretty normal looking 66cc HT kit on the way. Have a bit of a read on this site regarding setup and potential issues.

... Steve

Are most of the kits from the same manufacturers/distributors with just slightly different choices of 'accessory' parts like carbs and what not?

I don't think that they're all made in the same factory, but as far as I can tell, they're all made from the same design. That's why parts are so interchangeable.
Some have carbs like yours, not sure if they're still an NT. (Any printing on the side of the carb body, eg. NTTC?), others have the early NT, while still others have the later NT. Jetting appears to differ with supplier, too.

Anyway, that's it for me tonight, before I fall over. I'm exhausted. Just been waiting for the temp to drop. It's still 31C, at 4am. I need 3 or 4 hours nap. I'd almost prefer 31F and a thick blanket.

... Steve

Here's a pic with the engine mounted...so far so good.

MB1.jpg

dude, that bike is pretty cool!
what's up with the forks where the front wheel mounts tho?

is that a schwinn style triple horn i see by the rear wheel on the left side?
you wanna get rid of it?

Back