Trek 4500/ GP460/ 8 speed SHIFTER

spad4me, i see you following most of the threads related to this mount system.

i'll have plenty of pics, nice outdoor ones in full light conditions.

steve

Thank you for the HIGH CONTRAST PICTURES.
The mounting system that you found and improved upon.
(is ) are ingenious. WOW!!
I am abandoning (for now) the cvt based solutions for this type of machine.
I just want to ride a machine at very high speeds that does not slap me in the *** with a broken chain.

There is rack mount. It is unstable with excellent engines and parts. ===Unstable.
There is frame mount. It is stable with cheap inferior engines and transmissions FOR EXAMPLE happy time and Hoot.===UNRELIABLE.
YOU FOUND SOMETHING ELSE.
IT IS EVEN MADE IN AMERICA.

Last edited:
yes , there are issues and compromises with MB's and i'm not going to say that this build won't have any.

i've just gotten it under engine power. there are 40 mile days of commuting in store. the things that are superior about this configuration will show, just like the unfortunate ones.

Jerry's mount and trany are fine pieces, what happens to them in my hands doesn't reduce or improve them in my eyes.

steve

you will be happy with the long term performance , after you get it dialed in . it will stay put, washers , lock washers , and finish nuts , that's my motto . i'm on two round trips to work with my fresh build all is good . going for the third tonight , i love riding to work . when i arrive i'm all pumped up .

Detonator tuning solutions

If any system
GEBE
STATON
SCOOTERGUY or
DETONATORTUNINGSOLUTIONS CUSTOM BUILD
withstands your daily driver use (abuse).
Its a keeper.

LOL.

Daily 40 mile trips at 50 + mph.

You are a free rolling test track.

Go Detonator GO!!

What you are looking for everybody wants.
Cheap reliable slow, and fast transportation.

I can do cheap, and reliable.

But not fast.

Last edited:
spad4me,

yeah, i kind of remember someone on here asking if it was my intention to own and break every setup out there !?!

i'm really not like that, i just want something that has some flexibility and reliable enough to depend on. AND i don't really run 50+ as a steady cruising speed, but since the new setup has the theoretic ability to run 45mph at 8600 engine rpm i'm going to see how well and for ho wlong it will do it.

my rear cassette is very close ratio now. i have 4 gears that will get me up all the hills around here with ease right in the middle, then 2 lower for taking off and 2 higher for long low rpm cruising.

i'm finishing up my lights and installing a new chain so before i started i took some pics outside in the day light. hope you like them.

Attachments

• Trek Bike 008.jpg
    Trek Bike 008.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Trek Bike 009.jpg
    Trek Bike 009.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Trek Bike 010.jpg
    Trek Bike 010.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 277
  • Trek Bike 011.jpg
    Trek Bike 011.jpg