Wild in the snow

Yeah, Forrest suggested that too. It would be interesting. But what fun would it be to just buy something that would work?

Well, I finally got around to checking out the snow machine carcasses out in the yard. Nothing I can use there. But, while I was out there, I ran across the remains of a snow blower with track drive. I didn't have too much time to look at it, but it shows some promise. Probly have to redo bearings etc, but it's about the right size and configuration. And the tracks have spikes, so it should work on ice too. I'll try to look closer today.

Curious, Van, get us a snapshot if you can. Is it like a ride on snow blower or a walk behind. Can't picture it.
Doc

Hi ya Doc. It's a walk-behind blower. The tracks are (guesstimates from memory) about 16 - 24" long, about 8" tall, about 6" wide, with about 12" space between them. I'll try to remember to get pictures tomorrow.

Man, that sounds ideal for what your looking for, but I guess it depends on the condition and if you can get the parts you need for the conversion.
Will check on pics later.
Doc

Snow blower tracks

Here's some pictures of the tracks on the snow blower. I'll try to find some time to do some disassembly soon.

IMG_1880_1_1.jpg

IMG_1882_1.jpg

IMG_1883_1.jpg

IMG_1884_1.jpg

Man Van, That looks ideal but I bet it's going to take some torque to move it. That would be great with a 5 HP briggs unless you can figure some gearing out.
I could see both of those tracks on one of those sno-Bunnies. Awesome!
Doc

I'll know more after I get it apart. I'm figuring gearing it for 10 - 15 mph. That would be plenty fast for the roads off in the bush.

Back