Wollongong Australia, MB court case

I believe we have a 200w power limit here in Australia. That is a net measurement, taken from the crank. It doesn't take into account any frictional losses in the drive train.

It changes from state to state. in SA, it is 200 W max at the motor shaft and can be electric or petrol (I 'spose you could get away with any fuel apart from uranium).

I believe in Qld it's 200 W max, electric only, but don't quote me on that.

Personally I'd prefer the SA law to Qld, however I think 200 W is far too low and isn't really a good way of rating it.

There is one kit provider that sells a 48cc motor that only produces 200Watts at the crank , its supplied with a individual dyno report ''

Then when busted by the cops . I'd tell them politely that I will be defending any charges vigorously in court with as much media coverage possible ! :devilish:

A friend of mine is going to court in a couple of weeks, defending DUI on a MB.
Legal Aid, and I sugguested he find out how the other case went.

How can he get info on the previous verdict as above?

I think he's going to be in for alot of Community Service hours.

Nigel, I don't think that he can get info on this case.
I had a look at the court websites for info on buying transcripts, but they're restricted to those directly associated with the case.

Last edited:
Got his name - Velko Bozinovski, Cringila, 2502, (Wollongong area).
I tried the phone book and a web search with no success. Gave up at that point.
A letter addressed to him at Cringila might get there if the local postmaster knows him.

Looks like this is the verdict. Three times over the speed limit? There is no speed limit. End of! only a ridiculous power output! Another small fine has been issued. I have heard so many of these cases going to court and if they have not been thrown out prior to, the fines have been minimal. Keeping in mind that people usually have to take time off work, court fees etc.. It still appears less expensive to go to court than pay any on the spot fine. Hopefully nobody here will have to decide in the future which way to go.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...imes-top-speed-on-motorised-bike/1960431.aspx

Back