Photos & Bicycle Builds

Pictures of motorized bike projects and bike builds. Vote for the best build!
I found an old adult sized trike. Functional single speed. Being an oldster I would like to add a friction drive to turn the FRONT tire. Something simple that can clamp around the handle bar post or the fork tube. with or without a lift mechanism. A studded sleeve for more traction I think. 26 inch tires. I am looking for a basic, as in inexpensive kit, battery, motor, charger, throttle, either twist grip, thumb grip, or a simple switch. Recommdations by name, model,website,prices. Thanks. reeltoreelguy@gmail.com
These are my bikes . The red one is a 1965 Firestone sport tourist warrior with a sears 23cc free spirit that is new . Well it was new when I got it and now has 200 miles on it.The kit was still in the original box and came from an estate sale. The blue bike is a 1953 Columbia tri star delux frame with worksman wheels 10 g spokes wide overstuffed seat from an exersize bike kicked and braced. It has the wierdest handlebars I've ever come across. Its powered by a Chriss Hill CH80 out of Canada that pushes a 36 tooth to 30 + MPH with ease.I've added a caliper hand brake to the coaster for two reasons . As backup and to run the b/ lights. The tank has a Ghost flame paint job. I found blue bar tape to cover a little rust rather than paint or...
here is another happy customer. this bike has a custom tank built on to the bike that adds lots of extra strength to this very old schwinn cruiser. we were told that is was a 1960's. we also added a set of linear pull brakes and installed a petcock fuel filter combo that came off of a old piece of farm equipment. the seat was also custom mounted to the bike with comfort in mind. almost forgot the front end was custom built by us also. hope you all like it. PEACE OUT RAT BIKE
This is my first build. I purchased the Flying Horse two-stroke kit about 7-8 years back on sale for $89.95 if I remember right. It sat around for a couple of years before I finally got around to buying a bike to put it on (It was actually purchased for my shaft drive Progressive but after buying it I realized that wasn't going to work). The bike is a Target cheapy, about the same price as the engine. I'm not sure how old the build is, something like 5-6 years now. I've no idea of the amount of miles on it, enough that I'm going to need a new back tire soon.
in the introduce yourself forum i've already given accolades to you - the 'forebearers of fruit'. this site was the most important part of the build. everyone sharing stories of trail and error. THANKS MOTORED BIKES.COM! (notice i even ordered stickers before i had the bike engine!)
Hi All, Here is my first ever MB and what I'm using to get to work almost every single day now. These first few images give you a general feel of the bike. Things to note: I have a headlight, turn signals, and speedometer on the front handlebars. My rear tire is a street tire while my front is a MTB tire. The reason for this is better traction on the road from the back wheel, while still getting awesome control for turns on bumpy pavement from the front tire. Attached Thumbnails
I took my schwinn stingray occ bicycle and cut up the frame, rewelded box steel to it and put a honda gx200 clone on it, i've had this bike for a while, and i just bought a torque converter for it, i used to have a centrifugal clutch on it, but it would break all the time. the engine's governor has been bypassed, and it now has a K&N style air filter with a red foam prefilter. when i had a centrifugal clutch, i had a 35 pitch chain drive train, i always had problems with the chain being too small to handle the power from the engine, so when i bought the torque converter, i upgraded to 41 pitch chain and a 54 tooth sprocket. i am also doing a hydraulic disc brake conversion on the rear tire, before i had a crappy mechanical disc brake...
My next project is a GT LTS 3. The frame arrives on Tuesday. I already have a SBP shift kit and a hi-perf engine ready to go. My big question relates to member @gasbikeproject and his ability to use all three front gears; total of 21 speeds. I don't know if he is still on this forum. As a newbie, here, I have not figured out how to PM someone.... LOL. I was going to be happy with the 7 rear gears, but this has intrigued me. Has anyone else done this? Cheers, AJ
I posted in the "over 40 mph club" about my bike. I'll give a little info on the bike, a friend and I built this bike over the course of a year. It's a 2012 fit bike co VH1 bmx, with a HF 212 cc predator. The engine has been modified to get more RPM before valve float. The bike can easily hold 40-45, pushing it, 61 mph by a speed trap. The power is put to the rear end by a TAV-30, then chain drive to the rear tire, that gear ratio works out to be 4.0-1. Before I get comments about lack of pedals and the fact it's wayyy over powered, I'm working on a bolt on pedal system that will qualify it as a bike. And in all honesty, I ride it as is, seen multiple cops, multiple times, and I have NOT been stopped all. I don't know how to link my...
I found this "project bike" nearby. Gave him $90, put it on the bike rack, and started taking it apart when I got home. This was an example of what happens when you give a couple monkeys some wrenches. It had foam tape window insulation filling in spaces and holding the tank on. I didn't bother taking pictures. Just took it apart. The clutch was toasted and pad material was melted to the pressure plate so when I finally figured out how to take it all apart, I also replaced the clutch shaft bearings for good measure. New pads and plate, some careful clutch adjustments, and it works great. Now for the bike. It was something his buddy found at Walmart. $99.97 is on the price tag stuck to the front reflector. Red and yellow wheels and...
Back