100cc Boxer Twin Cylinder Engine - it only needs is a jackshaft

Yes, the gearing system is exactly that of the original pushbike rear mechanical gear drive system, being that of the cassette, freehub and rear derailleur.

Almost everyone using the pushbike cassette gears as part of a motorised bicycle conversion are using the SickBikeParts Jackshaft Shift Kit to achieve this goal.

Engine braking is not possible as the freehub ratchet pawl mechanism prevents transferring drive power back through the mechanical setup and also the rear derailleur would run to the end of it's travel stop; ripping itself out of the frame or derailleur hanger, not to mention the chainwheel sprockets driving the one way bearing connected to the pedal crank.

Fabian

Last edited:
I am sorry I am tired and must of typed wrong - I do not have a Honda engine hooked up to my bicycle - just in my dirt bike is a Honda 50 w/88 big bore kit which seems to have a lot of power vs. the engines I have seen from China (pocket bikes and Chinese CRF50 clones).

http://www.vicious50.com/products.asp - Has a 6.5hp peak. 97cc, hm not Honda though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88CC...3045408QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This is a replacement engine for a 50 Honda, but I do not know the brand.

Another issue is the manual shifting, which would make it harder to attach, and the laws differ with manual shifting I think I read? Not sure I am a noob to motored bicycles ;/

I actually do not even have a motorized bicycle yet - I am still in the design process and only just found this site 2 or 3 days ago, but I do know quite a bit about bikes in general.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Can i strongly urge you (if you are going to use a conventional and commonly available pushbike engine) to look at getting a SickBikeParts Shift kit.

I tried using the standard single speed drive system and it was totally useless - a complete waste of time.
After a lot of research, knowing that there must be a better way of doing things, i came across the SickBikeParts website and pulled out my credit card and bought the Deluxe Shift Kit with all the useful tools included.

Fabian

Last edited:
Dear Mr Gh0st

You have made another stupendous bumbling blunder in your assertion that i don't have a drivers licence, just like your previous catastrophic blunder that i've never purchased product from a vendor/manufacturer on this site

You said: Face it guys, nothing is going to make this guy happy until he gets his drivers license back and buys a motorcycle or car.

I can advise that i do indeed not only have a valid car licence but also a valid motorcycle licence (owning both types of vehicle that my drivers licence allows) but i choose to travel by motored bike whenever i can (which is quite often) as i find it a far more enjoyable and interesting way to travel.

Kind regards

Fabian

Mr. Fabian,

For once, you are absolutely correct. I had assumed that you had lost your licence and could not ride a motorcycle or drive a car. I made this assumption based on the fact that only a mindless twit would commute the distances you do on a motorized bicycle with a trailer in tow carrying enough tools and supplies to rebuild the bike on the side of the road. Especially if there was a car and a motorcycle available.

Have a great day!

Dear Mr Gh0st,

Your assessment of my situation is partially correct: yes, i did loose my licence quite some time ago for a period of 3 months, being over the allocated amount of demerit points in a 3 year period, due to the nature of my employment.
Naturally, this event was motivation to maintain mobility, unreliant on hopelessly inefficient public transport.

Your assertion be it labeled or implied that i must be a mindless twit for travelling the distances covered on a motored bicycle is your prerogative but one thing that i can assure; you are the mindless twit, considering making a fool out of yourself on more than one occasion with truly mindless and gross factual errors based on inept assumptions of my personal situation, recreational choices and product purchases.

Fabian

I will look into that, but because I want an authentic feel I may mount a Chinese 4 stroke with manual gearbox integrated and mount the shifter to the frame in some way (this is for a trail bike). Though for my commute bike I will use a SBP shift kit probably.

Fabian if you a really looking for torque just put one of these in your bike, the problem will be to find space between the pedal crank and the police would probably notice that it is JUST a little bit bigger than a 50cc:whistle:
Honda GX340 11 hp
This is should be enought!(enought to bent frames and axls:rolleyes:)
G-Superior :D

Attachments

• honda gx340 11hp trike.jpg
    honda gx340 11hp trike.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 271
Fabian if you a really looking for torque just put one of these in your bike, the problem will be to find space between the pedal crank and the police would probably notice that it is JUST a little bit bigger than a 50cc:whistle:
Honda GX340 11 hp
This is should be enought!(enought to bent frames and axls:rolleyes:)
G-Superior :D

lol... thanks g... now I have a new project on my list.

RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED TRIKE..... should be fun.

want a bigger one?

A 340cc engine should be enought BUT more power is always welcome:rolleyes:
Im going to pick up a 400cc kohler engine tomorow:whistle:
Any ideas in where to put it? :unsure:
will probably swap the 340cc for the 400!:devilish:
Fabian is looking for more torque and im looking for a way to reduce torque not to kill myself:D

Back