2006 24" Brown NE5

Awesome. Are you going to re paint it maroon or are you going with the blue?
I haven't made a choice yet. The whole bike is going to be a repaint because the paint is in bad shape. See the blistering on the paint? Corrosion is starting under the paint. The majority of the bike is like that, its a repaint. The hardware needs to be replaced too. I have a lot of experience with corrosion. I work at an aircraft restoration facility, we deal with a lot of corrosion. I'm going to bring this one back to life.

Attachments

• 20230407_210531.jpg
    20230407_210531.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 70
Aircraft paint is some tuff stuff,
Check this out.
The first picture, no crank case vent 430 miles.
The second picture, crank case vent sense mile one 343 miles.
The inside of the belt guard is coated.

Attachments

• 20230407_215623.jpg
    20230407_215623.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230407_215517.jpg
    20230407_215517.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 63
Kind of late for thinking about getting replacement parts, my new fork assembly and fender arrived. The old forks may have some internal water damage. I'm going to attempt to restore them later. I would rather have the parts on hand then have to wait for replacements later. Besides would I get another opportunity to acquire the correct forks in this good of shape again.
May I ask where you were able to find 24 inch fender? Thanks

The data plate reads 26" tires and my son wants a 26" bike so the fender I bought is for a 26" tire. I am getting a rear fender from www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/shop/. He has 24" and 26" NOS unpainted fenders. The shipping is expensive.
Got it. I think the fenders I looked at that Paul has are chrome....And yes, fenders need a big box for shipping. There is a guy on Ebay selling 24 inch NOS fenders that are bare steel for around $96 shipped. You will of course have to notch them your self. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3331275816...We9gz5MjNhZOwcJaSTPBMtDxDn|tkp:Bk9SR5Cx_67sYQ

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Wayne's got a bunch of 24" Whizzer fenders for sale

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That's good to know because I'm looking for a 24" project bike to build for my daughter.

That's good to know. I'm Going to build a 24" for my daughter. This bike is going to be turned back into a 26" bike. I have the 26"fenders for the conversion. I just bought a NOS unpainted rear 26" fender from Paul.

Here is the reason or failure that caused this bike to stop being used.
20230409_144131.jpg

I'm going to try to go to a three piece crank with a bottom basket adapter. There is only one one piece extra wide 170mm crank offered and I don't like the sprocket.

That's good to know because I'm looking for a 24" project bike to build for my daughter.

That's good to know. I'm Going to build a 24" for my daughter. This bike is going to be turned back into a 26" bike. I have the 26"fenders for the conversion. I just bought a NOS unpainted rear 26" fender from Paul.

Here is the reason or failure that caused this bike to stop being used.View attachment 190520

I'm going to try to go to a three piece crank with a bottom basket adapter. There is only one one piece extra wide 170mm crank offered and I don't like the sprocket.
I could weld that up and have it strong as ever. And if you are worried about sprockets, I think they are interchangeable.

Back