4-Stroke Always Engaged

linuxvorpal

Local time
11:41 AM
I just bought a kit from bikeberry and I put it together, engine runs but the spindle is always spinning. The clutch is always engaged. I thought it was supposed to be a centrifical clutch. Did I miss something?

I just bought a kit from bikeberry and I put it together, engine runs but the spindle is always spinning. The clutch is always engaged. I thought it was supposed to be a centrifical clutch. Did I miss something?
Picture of what's spinning would be a good start. Can't be sure but seems like you have an engine that you got running but don't actually have a clutch installed on..

Maybe link to what you got but pictures are pretty helpful with these kinds of issues.

With the centrifical clutch if your idle is to high it will grab also if the return springs are too weak it will grab at low rpm,This can be cured easily adjusting the spring tension if it's adjustable if not then weight can be removed by taking materail from the arms.Your idle should be set as low as possible without stalling.

With the centrifical clutch if your idle is to high it will grab also if the return springs are too weak it will grab at low rpm,This can be cured easily adjusting the spring tension if it's adjustable if not then weight can be removed by taking materail from the arms.Your idle should be set as low as possible without stalling.

Thanks, I'll try that out and update

I detached the throatle cable completely and made sure the idle was set as low as possible. It still spins.

Where can I find the springs at? In the engines clutch?

I had the same problem with bikeberrys 38cc friction kit, the roller would full throttle as soon as i started it up. I never got around to fixing it though.

Back