4 stroke install, I need help.

Yea I think I found that thread already. Good vice… propane torch. I don't have either one… (yet.)

I think my neighbor does, but he's so busy. Two kids, and his annual family wing ding is this weekend. I'll shoot him an email but kinda doubt I"ll get any help.
I kinda was hoping to have this running by memorial day. I think that's not going to happen. I still have to treat, then paint my new gas tank. That alone could take days.

I don't trust the "smacking the sh*t outof it" method. Be my luck, the screws pull out, the thing flys off and smacks me in the head.
MAYBE I can find a car shop willing to help me. It doesn't need much of a bend. Too much and it will be hitting the pedals.
don't go to a shop...

How about a good 3 or 4 inch trunked tree, hold muffler with 2 hands, and smack it (inner elbow of the header) into the tree trunk a few times with a good level of force, try not to hit the same exact spot too much or you could pinch it (not likely the stuff is really tough, you'd be beating it with a 16 ounce hammer for a good half a minute just to pinch it) then check the fit.

I really appreciate all the support. I still have to prep the gas tank. Got the kreem system stuff. Going to work on that for now. Need to walk away from the whole motor nightmare for a bit.
(Probably be dreaming of beating up trees with exhaust pipes now.)

Don't hate me, I know its not smart at all but worked...with the bike fully assembled I grabbed the muffler and bent it back by hand till my tire cleared :rolleyes:.

Exhaust flange still seals fine, bolts didn't bend and holes weren't stripped. No exhaust leaks or kinks. I was worried the bolts would pull out but it worked great.

Well caught my neighbor. He's going to help bend late tonight. Got my new gas tank soaking in stuff. Probably just leave that till tomorrow.

I swear, don't buy from Dax. Another part I just now realized he didn't pack is the exhaust gasket.

Also his welds on the transmission cover are pittiful. It's like he spot welded it, then never came back and finished. I ran a bead of liquid metal around the inside and smoothed it like caulk. SHOULD keep the water and gunk out.
His weld spots on the outside are downright sharp. One especially really needs to be ground down. Then maybe I can make it look cleaner with this liquid metal stuff. Paint the thing black and call it good.
Still kinda clueless as to how that all goes together. I am going to have to snip more of my rear fender off. The drive chain will be higher up than my old 2 stroke. Shouldn't be a problem though.

ALSO looking for which side will I put the petcock, (my can has a hole on each side.) Well now. Seems there are SEVERAL gas lines going into this motor.
Can someone explain which does what now? WHY are there like 4 hose nibs? Two have fuel lines already attached, and there's another piece of fuel line in one of his parts bags.
(AGAIN…. instructions would have been so nice.)

Well caught my neighbor. He's going to help bend late tonight. Got my new gas tank soaking in stuff. Probably just leave that till tomorrow.

I swear, don't buy from Dax. Another part I just now realized he didn't pack is the exhaust gasket.

Also his welds on the transmission cover are pittiful. It's like he spot welded it, then never came back and finished. I ran a bead of liquid metal around the inside and smoothed it like caulk. SHOULD keep the water and gunk out.
His weld spots on the outside are downright sharp. One especially really needs to be ground down. Then maybe I can make it look cleaner with this liquid metal stuff. Paint the thing black and call it good.
Still kinda clueless as to how that all goes together. I am going to have to snip more of my rear fender off. The drive chain will be higher up than my old 2 stroke. Shouldn't be a problem though.

ALSO looking for which side will I put the petcock, (my can has a hole on each side.) Well now. Seems there are SEVERAL gas lines going into this motor.
Can someone explain which does what now? WHY are there like 4 hose nibs? Two have fuel lines already attached, and there's another piece of fuel line in one of his parts bags.
(AGAIN…. instructions would have been so nice.)
Post a picture of the carb, 4 is a little much for what I'd expect to see with a small 4 stroke kit. You'll have a fuel line, a breather and an overflow at the very least. Couldn't say why it would need a forth since 4 strokes keep the oil in the engine.

Back