4 year old Monstrosity back from the Dead!

Took a bike I built four years ago [sophomore year high school] and decided to slap an 80cc on it... This is my first one. After two days and two donor bikes I finally finished it.. Took it for a test ride and decided its way too dangerous without brakes and need to go get a few other things too.. Need to go find out where the bike shop moved to...

However stupid this thing looks, It rides SOOOO comfortably! The ghetto sissy bar, homemade banana seat, and conduit ape hangers all add up to a very relaxed ride.
806_Mopedas_1.jpg

lol. looks ridiculous.. What do you guys think?

Different, yes, but that's ok by me. The unusal creations add interest to this group. I too am glad you are adding brakes.

Bill Snow

OK, I'm gonna draw a parallel here:

The funky-lookin' bikes shown in this thread are very attractive to me, and in a weird way. It's like my love for funky keyboard instruments. I am a keyboardist, and I love weird keyboards worn like guitars ("keytars"), and the funkier, the better. After I purchased a Roland AX-1B midi controller (a resurrection of an old design but in a new keyboard), my love for these strange instruments grew. Since then, I have found some really bizarre "keytar" creations out there, mostly from the late 70s and early- to mid-80s.

Although I have yet to build a bike of my own like these, once I found bizarre bikes, I felt I had the same interest, just like for "keytars".

So I say, whatever floats your boat!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow

did you say conduit as in soft metal electrical conduit?
Scares the heck out of me. Maybe if you raised the ape hangers another 16 inches and put a sheet around it, you could sail. LoL
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and if it's comfortable on top of that, what more could you ask?
Doc

Back