46cc's is too much!

Why not go Nuvinci 360 hub? Way better than strumey and with .5 under to 1.8 0ver it's great on the hills, takes of from a dead stop, and cruises at 35mph with a 22 rear cog like the engine is hardly working.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I think the 360 may already have been phased out of production by now for the 380 too, so it's even better. :)

Does the NuVinci use a threaded freewheel sprocket, will it take a Sick Bike Parts freewheel?

The extra cost of the NuVinci looks less when you view it as a fraction of the entire drivetrain project than it does if you view it as a multiple of the SA price! ;)

I worry there is a risk of the SA's sprocket's three tiny prongs breaking.
And a risk of the SA's built-in freewheel breaking from the extra torque the 34t applies to the built-in freewheel.
And the nearly 50% extra torque from the 34t would negate some of the extra strength in the planetary gear system of the 1:1 first too.
And it has less range, 325% iirc versus the NV's 380% so you'll have slower starts and slower top speed.

The free wheel is a part of the hub, but is easily replaceable. I also agree that a 34 tooth sprocket on a IGH is going to make your $200.00 investment explode real fast. You would be better off with the more expensive choice and the smaller cog while letting the lower ratioed hub do the job. You should take into account that the CVT's don't suffer from the constant banging of gear changes, and with the power you are putting to it even a smaller rear cog could be used applying less strain and still performing very well. The bike in the thumb nail will raise the front wheel, but that doesn't mean you have to do it all the time.https://www.google.com/search?q=nuv...330-360-380-/182990263716?hash=item2a9b11d5a4

Interesting I may do a build with a zenoah maybe the 31.8cc I know it will rev high but I still don't know if its enough power for a bike. I mean they are meant for rc cars. The inline twin build is what I'm interested in. Thinking about using the gasbike gt frame. Hey chevy is that twin engine you showed me stock? or did someone make that.

The smaller 29cc has 3hp and is 3X what a China girl makes! LOL. The big 32cc is crazy powerful! You need the 78mm clutch conversion and It's the added reduction needed that makes a twin really wide! Just use a 460 and 5:1 and that's pretty wide too.

I don't think I need a sprocket so large. I can pull from a stop in 4th with a little peddling to start off. I do want the largest one made at 25t. But im at 5:1-11:74-30:32 currently so going to a 25t first gear should just take some torque away but I can live with that. This is a top speed build that was kinda dual purpose geared like it was.

Those engines are pretty cool i just saw a video of a friction drive bike with the gp460 hes going about 50mph. I wouldn't have it friction drive though eats the tires like crazy. That ain't no weedwacker motor.

Back