49cc 4 stroke redlining at 15mph..

What you need to do is have a techometer/hour counter and a bicycle computer. Then you'll know exactly what the engine is doing and when it's doing it. Pay attention to things like going up steep hills. Once the what and when is clearly known better advice can be given. Total weight (you and the bike) is another factor to consider.

These small cc 4 strokes tend to produce less than 2 horsepower. If you previously had a 66cc 2 stroke it produces a little over 3 horsepower. So you may be running to high of a gear ratio causing engine strain.

You can get bicycle computers and techometers off eBay fairly cheap. The hour counter is helpful for maintenance schedules.

The things brand new should not need all of that...same exact gear ratio as before i expect to loose around 10 mph not 20. Ontop of that i already have a smaller gear in the back then standard. If i was at standard i would probably be going 10mph

The things brand new should not need all of that...same exact gear ratio as before i expect to loose around 10 mph not 20. Ontop of that i already have a smaller gear in the back then standard. If i was at standard i would probably be going 10mph

It doesn't matter if it's brand new; obviously there's a problem. What I'm giving you is advice for a one time cost of less than $25 you can know exactly what the engine is doing and when it's doing it. Once this information is known advice can be given as to what you need to do to fix it. Right now all you're doing is playing the guessing game.

Because like somebody else said its something simple, how you going to say it doesnt matter if its new lol

Because like somebody else said its something simple, how you going to say it doesnt matter if its new lol
What I advised you on is simple. I've been messing with 4 stroke engines for more than 10 now; I also built a bike that shifts 7 gears automatically. Since you don't want to listen to my advice then keep playing the guessing game.

Back