6.5HP Bicycle Pusher Trailer

Great idea. Need your help !!

Hello. I am using the same "Lifan" engine, but have not figured out how to hook up my (throttle cable) to the engine due to the "Throttle Lever" already on the engine from the manufacturer. Could you assist me with how you hooked up your throttle cable so I can get this darned thing on the road for a test drive. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, drumman.

Check your PM's drumman

Hook the throttle cable in the holes on the throttle lever, don't bypass the lever unless your goal is to bypass the 3600-4000RPM governor (I may try that one day anyway lol)

Happy Riding

ZnsaneRyder

throttle cable

Much thanks for the tip. I'll use your suggestion. Happy power wheeling.

An update to my arrest.

After going to court, I managed to settle out with ~$400 in court costs and fees on a payment plan. I'm still pi$$ed off, but It's still better than risking a year in jail or probation for a stupid misdemeanor.

For a while, I will still ride my motorized bike & trailer, but I'm looking to build something different and new, motorized of course ;)

I got an old (lightweight thin bar frame) 20" wheeled boys bike, that actually is MUCH easier and less exhausting for me to pedal than my mountain bike due to the lower weight, less friction, and less rotational weight due to the smaller wheels. Other than less top speed from no gears, much to my surprise, it's actually FASTER than my mountain bike overall and coasts further. Also a boys bike looks less like a motored-cycle than a mountain bike. I'm planning on a small 2 or 4 stroke engine to drive the boys bike, and better rims, and getting some flat-free foam inner tubes too. Maybe when I get bored, I can still use the 6.5HP trailer on the smaller boys bike for fun around my neighborhood when I want more power.

Last edited:
Much thanks for the tip. I'll use your suggestion. Happy power wheeling.

Keep us posted on your 6.5HP trailer. I'd like to see some PICS!!!!!

Also, you will LOVE that engine, it's bulletproof, lasts forever, and has tons of torque! However, you may burn up a few clutches in your travels. I'm on my 3rd centrifugal clutch already! EEK!

Last edited:
I got an old (lightweight thin bar frame) 20" wheeled boys bike, that actually is MUCH easier and less exhausting for me to pedal than my mountain bike due to the lower weight, less friction, and less rotational weight due to the smaller wheels. Other than less top speed from no gears, much to my surprise, it's actually FASTER than my mountain bike overall and coasts further.
BMXs are awesome. I'm using my friend's 20" GT and it doesn't have brakes whatsoever... way crazier than a fixie. The thing coasts forever. I think a 20" GT with friction drive would be a smooth ride, even without suspension. I could pedal a 20" GT all day long.

... and better rims, and getting some flat-free foam inner tubes too.
Tire liners are the best. I have like an 1/8" nail stuck in my tire... and I've been riding on it for 30+ miles that i know of. I'm going to take it out for the heck of it soon enough, but having the tire liners give me so much peace of mind.

Hey, Znsane, an idea to get the cops off your back. Rebuild the handtruck pusher and mount a wheelbarrow bucket to it - make a twin handle hitch that goes to your rear axle drops, and make it readily removable. Cops stop ya, you are just towing your wheelbarrow to the job, don't you know". Go to the Staton site to see some pics of their version, or look up muck trucks online.

"risking a year in jail or probation for a stupid misdemeanor"

I don't think that would happen, and anyone who told you that that might have happened is trying to steal justice, and that makes me mad.

They just didn't want to bring it to trial and have to do their homework about motorcycles and such.

"risking a year in jail or probation for a stupid misdemeanor"

I don't think that would happen, and anyone who told you that that might have happened is trying to steal justice, and that makes me mad.

They just didn't want to bring it to trial and have to do their homework about motorcycles and such.

Being I had to deal with the corrupt Polk County FL justice system, I'm not surprised. I've had court THREE times now with NO say-so about my case at all, or a trial, just them asking my verdict and scheduling more court dates. AS soon as I land the job I need and save a few hundred dollars, I'm leaving this place for good so I can continue to ride my bike and try to have some freedom.

MBC forever!!!!

Last edited:
Also, I broke my axle on my rocky dirt road, and broke the die-cast pulley when removing it from the axle, so now I have a NEW axle & steel pulley and 40" Kevlar belt and also a new set of bearings. The new pulley lets the belt sink further in, so it's like a slightly smaller pulley AKA faster gear ratio, which is why I had to get a 40" instead of my usual 41" belt. On my test run a few mins ago, it was really flying and felt a tad faster than before, so when I get more time, I'll take it for another ride and keep you folks posted!

THEY WON'T HOLD THIS ZNSANE CRAZY MF DOWN!!!!!

Back